Gallop into the inspiring theater of the Kruger and ride horses into the landscape of Africa's great mammals. For seven days, journey deep into the bush to explore areas inaccessible to vehicles. Ride alongside zebras, watch elephants wander past and encounter the exhilarating sides of Kruger. Handcrafted for experienced riders, this 10-day itinerary blends raw adventure with luxury accommodation, plus two days of game drives that provide experiences with the big cats.
Makhutswe – Relaxed Welcomes Along the River
Fly to Hoedspruit via Johannesburg to touch down in the northeast of South Africa. One glance, and you sense the expressiveness of the landscape. Nature seems to roll uninterrupted, the bushveld unfurling until it blurs into the horizon. Observe the lack of development as just a couple of roads wind beneath the jackalberry trees as you are picked up at the airport for a short transfer to camp, where your luxury suite hangs elegantly above the Makhutswe River. Hippos are already visible, along with the tentative drinking of impala and springbok. In the late afternoon, head out on horseback, an easy ride that's designed as an introduction to the horses and the landscape. It's nothing strenuous, just a chance to get familiar before your big adventure begins.
Makhutswe – Easy Riding and Getting Ready for the Safari Adventure
Makalali Private Game Reserve – Crossing Plains Filled with Zebra, Wildebeest, and More
Makalali Private Game Reserve – Exploring the Wildlife of the Kruger
Makalali Private Game Reserve – Galloping Across Kruger's Inspiring Scale
Makalali Private Game Reserve – Riding Further Into an Untouched Realm
Makalali Private Game Reserve – Flexible Day of Riding Around Garonga
Balule Game Reserve – Allowing the Wildlife to Come to You
Balule Game Reserve – Big Five Game Drives Through the Kruger Ecosystem
Balule Game Reserve – Departure
- Spend seven days riding through the Kruger ecosystem, crossing vast grassy plains and riding deep into one of the world's most uninterrupted landscapes
- Encounter many of Africa's magnificent animals from horseback, including elephant herds, giraffe, buffalo, and rhino
- Gallop alongside zebra herds, canter besides various antelope, and become a part of the Kruger landscape
- Enjoy luxury picnics on route, at fantastic spots that overlook rivers filled with hippos and plains dappled with herds
- Savor the adventure by riding into landscapes that are inaccessible to, and uninterrupted by, safari vehicles
- Ride out to remote camps and lodges, where you are surrounded by the antics of Kruger's magnificent animals
- Complete the Big Five experience with two days of game drives in Balule Game Reserve to spot the big cats in their realm
$5,455 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.94 stars based on 955 reviews.
Reviewed By Michele N.
Reviewed By Aaron R.
Reviewed By Cassidy C.
Reviewed By Jamuna D.
Reviewed By patricia g.
Reviewed By Glenn W.