Iberia’s legendary cities are home to the world’s most iconic soccer teams, and this 10-day sample itinerary celebrates them all. Feel the atmosphere, embrace the passion, celebrate the skill, and savor the tension that only European soccer can create. This handcrafted tour includes three live fixtures and a chance to play against the locals, as you journey through Barcelona, Madrid, and Lisbon. Soccer isn’t just a game. It’s a way of life here, as well as a platform for exploring more of these...
Barcelona – An Introduction to a Lively City
When you land in Barcelona, you’ll immediately sense the local pride. Catalan flags flutter from balconies, a unique language perforates the air, and the architecture is distinctly local. After you are escorted from the airport to your hotel, a guide will take you on a walking tour, first through the vintage relics of Barrio Gothic and then out into the district of Eixample, where the early works of Gaudi dominate the boulevards. This is a lively city and this introductory tour is a celebration of highlights, which leads you to the spire of La Sagrada Familia and onwards through boutiques and beautiful pedestrianized quarters. As the sun fades there’s a vibrancy to the streets, people milling on the plazas, and drinks being shared at the terraces. The football will start tomorrow but you’ll see the colors of FC Barcelona everywhere, including at the bars and cafes you visit.
Barcelona – Messi and Co: Watching Barcelona at the Camp Nou
Barcelona – Intimate Camp Nou Stadium Tour and Playing With the Locals
Lisbon – Discovering the Portuguese Capital
Lisbon – A Raucous Atmosphere: Watching Benfica in the Champions League
Lisbon – The Most Famous Team in Portugal: A Tour of Estadio Jose Alvalade and Sporting CP
Madrid – Discovering the Spanish Capital, Including Playing in a Local Soccer Match
Madrid – Home of the Galacticos: Watching Real Madrid at the Bernabeu
Madrid – Stadium Tour and Savoring the Tapas
Madrid – Departure
- Watch the legends at the Bernabeu with tickets for a Real Madrid La Liga fixture
- Go behind the scenes at the stadiums, with intimate tours of the Camp Nou, Estadio Jose Alvalade and Real Madrid’s Bernabeu
- Embrace the raucous atmosphere of a Champions League match, as the Portuguese capital of Lisbon is a great place to feel the energy of the competition where you’ll watch national champions Benfica take on another European team
- Explore the beauty of three fabulous cities including Barcelona, Lisbon, and Madrid
- Be entertained in Europe’s largest soccer stadium while you admire Messi and Co at a FC Barcelona match
- Explore the ambience that surrounds the sport, from tapas taverns to chants in city neighborhoods
- Play with the locals in Barcelona and Madrid, joining informal meet ups and testing your skills against a wide range of opponents
Note that all soccer itineraries are dependent on the dates of fixtures, and costs of game tickets will vary wildly. This itinerary coincided with the past group stages of the Champions League to create the rare opportunity to experience three live matches – two Spanish La Liga fixtures and a midweek Champions League match. This itinerary will be customized to your exact dates and may operate in a different direction dependent on matches. The Spanish and Portuguese football seasons run from September to May, with teams playing on most weekends – there are sporadic one-week international breaks along with a winter break on the weeks either side of Christmas. The optimal time to visit is during the Champions League, with six match days (Tuesday and Wednesday fixtures) from mid-September to mid-November, then the knockout stages played on various Tuesdays and Wednesdays from mid-February to mid-April.
$4,195 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.95 stars based on 313 reviews.
Reviewed By Betsy B.
Reviewed By Susan W.
Reviewed By Bernd E.
Reviewed By Ashley C.
Reviewed By Judith S.
Reviewed By Darlene M.