Experience incredible diversity during your customizable Spain and Morocco itinerary that will range from the brush strokes of El Greco to the captivating movements of Flamenco, the rolling sand dunes of the Sahara to the magnificent keyhole archways that adorn the antique city gates. Discover surreal architectural design in Barcelona and then sample small bites in Granada before you indulge in the aromas of ginger and paprika in Fes. Follow in the footsteps of Spanish Monarchs in Madrid, and...
Barcelona – Arrive in the Lively Mediterranean Barcelona
Barcelona is a city of enchantment beginning with the aroma of the Mediterranean to the fantastical architecture of Antonin Gaudi. Palm trees line the promenades and boulevards as the markets fill with the decadent aromas of vibrant produce and fresh-made traditional cuisine. Boutique shops display lavish clothing and jewelry in their windows and the historical archways and cobbled lanes wind around the Gothic Quarter to bring a lot of charm to your wandering. Your flight will arrive at Barcelona-El Prat Airport, where your private transfer greets you. The city bustles with people strolling over the mosaic tiles that decorate the forecourt of the Liceu Theatre along La Rambla.
The scent of sizzling garlic and onions emanates from the stalls of La Boqueria Market. After settling into the comforts of your hotel at the heart of the city, you will set out onto the streets to enjoy wandering along the nearly mile-long avenues of La Rambla that connects the Plaça Catalunya to Port Vell. You will find the air hinted with the seaside as the Art-Deco façade of the Liceu Theatre connotes the halfway point along the road. The elegant archways and vibrant glass add an extra layer of luster to a city that is already capturing your imagination.
Barcelona – Explore the Gothic Quarter and Architecture of Antonin Gaudi
Madrid – Transfer to Madrid with a Half-Day Tour of Spain’s Royal Palace
Madrid – Enjoy a Half-Day Tour of Toledo and the Monuments of Madrid
Madrid – Explore the Historical Streets and Ruins of Segovia and Avila
Granada – Visit a Saffron Farm en route to Granada and Enjoy a Tapas Tour
Granada – Traverse the Majesty of the Alhambra and the Lanes of Old Town
Seville – Relish Jerez de la Frontera and Sherry Taverns en route to Seville
Seville – Revel in the Splendor of Historical Seville on a Full Day City Tour
Casablanca – Fly to Casablanca for a Coastal and Hassan II Mosque Tour
Fes – Wander the Regal Streets of Rabat and Meknes en route to Fes
Fes – Enjoy a Private Tour of the Cultural Capital of Morocco
Erg Chebbi – Delight in a Scenic Ride along the Road of 1,000 Kasbahs
Marrakech – Enjoy Sunrise over the Sahara before Traveling to Marrakech
Marrakech – Experience History, Architecture, and Art on a Half-Day Tour
Marrakech – Depart for Home
- View the elegance in which the Andalusian horses saunter as they continue three hundred years of tradition at the Royal Andalusian School of Equestrian Art
- Revel in a one of a kind sunset and sunrise over the sand dunes of the Sahara Desert while camping in a luxury tent
- Discover the grandeur of Moorish sultans in the intricate architectural details of the Alhambra in Granada and Alcazar in Seville
- Visit a traditional saffron farm for insight into the colors, aroma, history, and culture of one of the world’s most elusive and celebrated spices
- Witness the magnitude of the world’s largest minaret connected to the Hassan II Mosque in Casablanca
- Wander among the living history inside the Medina of Fes, Meknes, and Marrakech, where narrow lanes lead to vibrant souks and antique houses
- Immerse yourself in the bustling life of Jemaa el Fna Square in Marrakech, home to snake charmers, storytellers, and musicians
- View the marvels of the standing Roman aqueduct that runs through the heart of Segovia, near the fairytale façade of the city’s Alcazar
- Enjoy the passionate footsteps and captivating sounds of a celebrated flamenco show in Seville
- Traverse the opulent halls and exuberant galleries of a selection of chambers in Spain’s Royal Palace, which contains 2,800 room
- Indulge in the flavors of sherry to learn the subtle differences in age, flavor, and fortification while visiting a selection of tavernas in Andalusia
- Relish an excursion along the Road of 1,000 Kasbahs, which travels over the High Atlas Mountains to reach the edges of the Sahara Desert
- Stroll along the stunning and unique architecture designed by renowned architect Antonin Gaudi in the fabled city of Barcelona
- Traverse the galleries of the Prado Museum in search of works from famous Spanish masters and masters of Western European art
Your immersive 16-day itinerary to Spain and Morocco will offer unique excursions, compelling experiences, and unforgettable moments that highlight snow-capped peaks and rolling sand dunes, marvelous palaces and dramatic Cathedrals and Mosques. Your journey will begin when your flight lands at Barcelona-El Prat Airport and your private transfer will greet you upon arrival and escort you to a hotel at the heart of the relaxed and enchanting city. The remainder of the day will be yours to enjoy Barcelona at your leisure, from the shaded walkways of La Rambla to the sands of Barceloneta Beach. The next morning, your guide will greet you at your hotel and take you on a vibrant tour of Gaudi’s architectural marvels, including iconic La Sagrada Familia Basilica, and the historical lanes of the Gothic Quarter.
Travel to Madrid in the first-class car of the high-speed rail the following day. After checking into your hotel, your guide will lead you on an engaging tour of the glamorous grounds of the Royal Palace. The next day, you will have a half-day tour of the beautiful historical lanes and Toledo, known for the medieval architectural masterworks and a haven for Jewish, Muslim, and Christian communities. Return to Madrid to tour the masterworks on display in the Prado Museum, and then discover the charming ambiance and captivating ruins found around Segovia the next day with a guided tour to view the Roman Aqueduct. Continue to Avila to marvel at the crenulated walls of the Cathedral before returning to Madrid.
Visit a saffron farm in the Andalusia region the next day en route to Granada. In the evening, your guide will lead you on a tapas tour to sample the flavors of the city and region. Experience the grace and grandeur of the Alhambra palace the next day during a private tour before taking to the narrow, maze-like lanes of Old Town. Continue as your private transfer will escort you to Jerez de la Frontera to see an elegant display of equestrianism at the Royal Andalusian School of Equestrian Art. Sample an array of sherries at traditional taverns around town en route to Seville. The following day will bring a full day tour of Seville with a focus on the prestige of the Cathedral and the masterful architecture of the Alcazar. In the evening, you can watch a fantastic performance of Flamenco accompanied by a delicious dinner.
Your private transfer will meet you at your hotel the following day and escort you to the Seville Airport for your flight to Casablanca, Morocco. After arriving at your hotel, you will have a half-day tour of the cosmopolitan city to embrace the esteemed architecture of Hassan II Mosque. Travel to Fes next to visit the contemporary the following day for an in-depth tour of the Medina, the souks, and the monuments around Fes that connect the city to its Imperial foundations.
The following day, your private transfer will escort you along the Road of 1,000 Kasbahs to reach Erg Chebbi. Visit the preserved fortresses and thriving oases before riding a camel over the sand dunes to watch the sunset. Enjoy the unique sunrise as the morning dawns before returning over the High Atlas Mountains to Marrakech. In the evening, you can enjoy the view of the vibrant nightlife that takes over the Jemaa el-Fna Square. Wake the next day, and your private guide will lead you on a grand tour of the gardens, splendid tombs, striking grounds of the Bahia Palace, and captivating daily life along the Medina. Conclude the next as you make your way to Marrakech Menara Airport by private transfer for your flight home.
$4,827 per person (excluding international flights)
Your Zicasso trip is fully customizable, and this sample itinerary is a starting place for your travel plans. Actual costs are dynamic, and your selection of accommodations and activities, your season of travel, and other such variables will bring this budget guideline up or down. Throughout your planning experience with your Zicasso specialist, your itinerary is designed around your budget. You can book your trip when you are satisfied with every detail. Planning your trip with a Zicasso travel specialist is a free service.
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.82 stars based on
Reviewed By Mark C.
Reviewed By Michael A.
Reviewed By Vinay P.
Reviewed By Lalita P.
Reviewed By Del K.
Reviewed By Cheryl K.