Immerse yourself in the authentic and unchanged culture of the Masai and enjoy a safari that mixes wildlife wonders with intimate traditions. Masai warriors lead you across the plains to reveal the resplendent mammals of the Mara and the intricacies of animal tracking. Then they invite you into their customs with a visit to local villages, and the chance to watch their iconic dances and ceremonies. Split across the Masai Mara and Chyulu Hills, this 8-day safari will combine rich culture with pristine...
Maasai Mara – First Journeys on the Maasai Plains
The Maasai Mara plains come from the annals of African travel reverie. Maasai warriors lead their goats across the grasslands, carrying traditional spears and avoiding confrontations with lion pride. Their red blankets flow in the breeze as they pass huge numbers of zebra and wildebeest. Elephants also make their nomadic journeys while cheetah rises on rocks that protrude from the plains. Nothing is quiet here, and on your first journeys, it's hard to go a few minutes without an inspiring impression of old-world Africa with zebra galloping, buffalo on the march and giraffe loping past the camp. In many ways, it is all just how you had imagined.
After landing at Nairobi International, you will be transferred to Nairobi Wilson Airport where a local flight will take you to the Mara North airstrip. Maasai guides will collect you at the airstrip, and your journey to your safari camp is a game drive that will quickly reveal so many of the dreamy Mara impressions. As animals fill your view, you will quickly realize that this is also a landscape of surprise. Unusual antelopes gallop past, hyena send echoed calls across the plains, and a baby elephant swings his trunk as he wanders directly past the camp. Relax in your spacious boutique tent and watch the charms unfold from your private wooden verandah.
Maasai Mara – Tracking Animals on Foot
Maasai Mara – Game Drives Reveal the Big Cats and Wildebeest
Maasai Mara – Hot Air Ballooning and Traditional Maasai Dances
Chyulu Hills – Following the Maasai Herders Beneath Mount Kilimanjaro
Chyulu Hills – Horse Riding Safari and Bush Walks
Chyulu Hills – A Day With a Local Maasai Community
Chyulu Hills – Departure
- Wander across the Maaasai Mara grasslands on foot, guided by the knowledge and ancient wisdom of Maasai warriors
- Discover the drama of the plains and watch the big cats as they stalk large herds of wildebeest, zebra, and Thomson's gazelle
- Spend a day with a traditional Maasai community and learn about the intricacies of their culture
- Hot air balloon above the Maasai Mara plains and enjoy an aerial impression of one of Africa's most sublime landscapes
- Learn the tricks of animal tracking on game drives and walks with the Maasai
- Find the Big Five and savor the exclusivity of the Mara by exploring two private conservancies, where the safari is limited to just a handful of visitors
- Encounter antelope and zebra from a variety of angles, including on a unique horse riding safari
- Enjoy bush dinners that are made even more personal when Maasai warriors dance around the crackling fire
$6,475 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.89 stars based on 157 reviews.
Reviewed By Jamie M.
Reviewed By Brian M.
Reviewed By Joseph R.
Reviewed By Marlene A.
Reviewed By Kenneth P.
Reviewed By carmen H.