Find a world of imagination, treasured cuisine, and inspiring history in Italy’s northern landscape on this 8-day Northeast Italy tour. Quiet villages offer panoramic views of snowcapped mountains and emerald valleys. Gondolas glide across the tranquil waters of hidden narrow canals. Your custom-tailored tour consists of the splendors of Italy’s Veneto and Friuli regions, home to Venice’s Grand Canal and the dramatic foothills of the Dolomites.
Venice – Venetian Impression
Countless cobblestone lanes weave around the canals of Venice, creating a marvelous image of a floating city. The gray marble of the Ducal Palace contrasts the pink hue of the bell tower in St. Mark’s Square. Gondolas and speedboats glide across the Grand Canal. Restaurants set out tables alongside the waterway, offering unencumbered views of the life of Venetians. You arrive at Venice Marco Polo Airport. Your private transfer meets you at baggage claim and helps you into the city. Step aboard a private water taxi, which escorts you to your luxurious hotel.
The 17th-century domed church of Basilica di Santa Maria della Salute rises over the entrance to the Grand Canal as if guarding the historic waterway. The Venetian Republic funded the structure after the plague and erected a platform of one million wooden piles on which to construct the marvelous edifice. Four detailed evangelist statues adorn the façade. There are 12 Titian masterpieces that decorate the interior sacristy, including a lifelike self-portrait in which the artist imitates the form of St. Matthew. The church is a perfect welcome to Venice, showcasing the grandeur of the past and the city’s continued connection to its glorious former Republic. Consider learning more about your Italy travel agency that strives to craft the perfect itinerary pertinent to your particular interests and desires.
Venice – Wonders of the Canal
Venice – Hidden Passageways of the Past
Venice – Excursion to Cividale del Friuli and Portogruaro
Padua – A World Away
Asolo – Quiet Mountain Villages and Vineyards
Ravenna – Following in the Footsteps of Romeo
Venice – Depart to Home
- Enjoy a behind the scenes tour of the Ducal Palace, exploring the hidden passageways and secret rooms instrumental to the Venice Republic
- Traverse the canals of Venice on a guided tour of the city’s charming bacari, traditional wine bars of working-class Venetians
- Visit a small local winery dedicated to the production of Prosecco for a sensational tour, followed by an unforgettable tasting
- Cruise alongside the gardens and palaces of the Brenta Canal, a waterway that connects Padua to Venice
- Discover the enchanting town of Veneto, located along striking foothills and on stunning cliffs
- Witness the House of Capulet in Verona, home of Shakespeare’s famous star-crossed lover, Juliet
$2,859 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.89 stars based on 4402 reviews.
Reviewed By Todd S.
Reviewed By Carl P.
Reviewed By Laurie D.
Reviewed By Madison S.
Reviewed By Steven G.
Reviewed By patrick d.