Embrace picturesque Italy as it is embodied in sapphire waters, rich sunsets, ancient ruins, and mouthwatering cuisine during your custom-tailored, highlights tour of Sicily. Experience the true beauty of the Mediterranean with succulent flavors from treasured wines that have been produced on Mount Etna and the bold history that combines Norman and Arab cultures. The remarkable treasures of Greek temples continue to rise from the arid landscape while Baroque palaces decorate elegant boulevards...
Palermo – Arrive in Palermo with a Historical Introductory Tour
The historic city center of Palermo embodies the remarkable heritage of the city that is reflected in the opulent architecture of the Norman Palace and elegant cathedral. The aromas of freshly fried arancini and grilled calamari that is drizzled with lemon linger above the cobblestone streets, connecting with the vibrant daily La Vucciria market that brims along the lanes around Piazza San Domenico. Your flight will land at Falcone Borsellino Airport, where your private transfer will greet you at customs before escorting you to the comforts of your luxurious hotel at the heart of the captivating city.
You will find the aromas of palm trees and citrus fruits to blend with the subtle scent of the sea breeze when you meet your guide in the lobby for an introductory tour of the city that will reveal the sophisticated landmarks from the Norman architecture of the Cathedral and the elements of Arab design in the Norman Palace. The 12th-century Capella Palatina will take your breath away when you find the mosaics along the western wall that depict Jesus and the apostles of Peter and Paul. The Arabic-style stalactites decorate the ceiling and blend the remarkable and unique designs that are accentuated by the mystical glint from the gilded embellishments. The aroma of frankincense remains in the nave amid the mesmerizing images of the Bible, which line the central aisle and include scenes from Creation and Noah’s Ark.
Palermo – Discover Palermo Province and Fascinating Monreale
Palermo – Visit Ancient Segesta and Mountaintop Erice
Syracuse – Explore Greek Agrigento and Villa Romana del Casale
Syracuse – Traverse the Past and Present Charms of Syracuse
Syracuse – Revel in Baroque Grandeur in Celebrated Towns
Taormina – Delight in the Scenery and Wines of Mount Etna
Taormina – Enjoy the Natural Beauty and History of Taormina
Catania – Travel to Colorful Catania and Enjoy a Cooking Class
Catania – Depart for Home
- Discover the fascinating treasures of Arab-Norman architecture in Palermo inside the Cappella Palatina while viewing illustrious mosaics
- Witness one of the largest, preserved Greek temples in the world at Segesta, bringing the history of Magna Grecia to life
- Indulge in the vibrant warmth of the Mediterranean climate and Baroque architecture of seaside Taormina along Umberto Corso and Isola Bella
- Sample the majestic aromas and diverse tastes of the wines that have been produced on vineyards that adorn the volcanic slopes of Mount Etna
- Experience the opulence of history and faith on a private tour of Monreale Cathedral outside of Palermo, which possesses captivating golden mosaics
- Embrace the prestige of Roman aristocracy when discovering the preserved architecture and mosaics of Villa Romana del Casale
- Venture to the heights of Europe’s most active volcano on Mount Etna for a private excursion onto a magnificent lava field
- Delight in the sensational flavors of Sicilian cuisine during a private cooking class taught by a celebrated chef in Catania, offering insight into local tastes
$3,635 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.89 stars based on
Reviewed By Stephanie C.
Reviewed By Penelope P.
Reviewed By Marie C.
Reviewed By Stacy L.
Reviewed By Cary O.
Reviewed By Ron P.