Idyllic beaches, enchanting ancient mythology, breathtaking islands, and a welcoming culture will define your custom-tailored tour of Italy that captures the incredible culture and history of Sicily. You will be delighted by the legendary cuisine and the fantastic coastal scenery as you follow dramatic trails to volcanic craters and wander along labyrinthine-cobbled lanes to reach aristocratic piazzas. Alluring Norman architecture and Arab designs will become distinctive features that will connect...
Palermo – Arrive in the Captivating and Welcoming Capital of Sicily
The city of Palermo captures the history and culture of Sicily along the edges of Via Vittorio Emanuele. The magnificent architecture and vibrant ambiance along the skyline are decorated with palm trees and Arabesque domes, and the unique heritage of the city highlights thousands of years of history at the center of Mediterranean.
Your flight will arrive at Falcone Borsellino International Airport, where your private transfer will greet you at customs. The remainder of the day will be at your leisure to enjoy the exuberant beauty and welcoming embrace of the city. The busy market will heave with exotic aromas that derive from fresh seafood and delicious fried rice balls known as arancini, as well as fresh meats, olives, and cheeses vendors who will happily offer samples.
Day 2 - 4
Palermo – Discover Historic Palermo and Nearby Coastal Charm
Day 5 - 8
Malfa – Explore Salina’s Untouched Beauty and Natural History
Day 9 - 11
Lipari – Indulge in the Island Grandeur and Culture of Lipari
Day 12 - 15
Taormina – Enjoy Mt. Etna, Agrigento, and Lovely Taormina
Day 16 - 17
Syracuse – Traverse the Ancient Life and Ruins of Syracuse
Day 18 - 20
Syracuse - Discover the Baroque Towns of Noto, Ragusa, and Modica
Syracuse – Depart for Home
- Venture to the top of Mt. Etna with a naturalist guide to view the smoking fumaroles and captivating lunar landscape of the active crater
- Wander the captivating ambiance that derives from the remaining ancient ruins in the protected archeological park of Agrigento’s Valley of the Temples
- Indulge in the secluded natural beauty of Salina, one of the Aeolian Islands, which is home to charming towns, dramatic panoramas, and majestic volcanic peaks
- Discover the grandiose golden mosaics and fascinating frescoes that cover the walls, ceilings, and domes of Palermo’s Palatine Chapel
- Enjoy the tranquil beaches and majestic waters along the Tyrrhenian Sea on the island of Lipari
- Venture to the active summit of Stromboli Volcano with a guide for a nightly view of erupting magma that fills the sky like fireworks
- Embrace the refined aesthetic of baroque architecture that decorates the preserved towns of Noto, Ragusa, and Modica
- View the epic Greek and Roman theaters on the edges of Taormina and Syracuse
- Sample the historical wine that represents the ancient heritage and continued wine culture on Lipari island
$7,639 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.89 stars based on
Reviewed By Barry N.
Reviewed By Patricia E.
Reviewed By Marlene H.
Reviewed By Melanie S.
Reviewed By Penelope P.
Reviewed By Joan J.