The thrill of the Alps and majesty of master artists reflect the grandeur of possibility during your custom-tailored 9-day Switzerland and Italy historical tour. Glassy glaciers loom above iconic towns and historic villages in Switzerland. Paintings and sculptures of Italian legend decorate royal chambers and represent the rebirth of artistic ingenuity. Enjoy an unrivaled look at the awe-inspiring majesty of preserved medieval streets, Renaissance masterpieces, and preserved ancient ruins.
Rome – Settle into the Comforts of the Eternal City
Rome has had an influence on the Western World for over two millennia earning the name the “Eternal City.” The mixture of art, ruins, cobblestone streets and vibrant cafes highlight a culture shaped by a history of diversity and renewal. Your flight lands at Fiumicino Airport, where your transfer greets you upon arrival. The stunning city shines with medieval piazzas and lavish fountains, ornate churches and a daily enjoyment of the life’s sweetness. The comforts of your luxury hotel welcome you to the city allowing you the remainder of the day at leisure to wander along the exciting narrow streets at the center of the city.
Rome – Visit Vatican City and the Roman Empire
Florence – Explore the Cradle of the Renaissance
Venice – Find the Charms of Piazza San Marco
Milan – Enjoy Verona en Route to Milan
Milan - Bask in Luxurious Milan
Zurich – Enjoy Stunning Lucerne and Gorgeous Zurich
Zurich – Explore Bern, Grindelwald, and Meiringen
Zurich – Depart for Home
- Discover the thrill of viewing the works of Italian masters in person when visiting the Vatican Museum and La Trasfigurazione by Raphael
- Bask in the indelible natural beauty of Switzerland when walking along the Schwarzhorn metallic walkway for panoramic views of the Alps
- Visit the exemplary embodiment of Renaissance architecture in Florence when exploring the feats of design, engineering, and art of the Duomo
- View an artisan blowing glass during a tour of a private studio for insight into the intertwined history of the art and the Venetian Republic
- Witness the often-overlooked frescoes in the Campo Santo, one of the few places revealing the original outlines of celebrated frescoes known as sinópie
- Wander the incredible depths of the Doge’s Palace in Venice to witness enchanting artwork like Tintoretto’s Paradise
- Discover the unique cultural heritage of Bern’s decorative fountains, each possessing a character of local folklore
- Experience the revelatory history of Romeo and Juliet in Verona when visiting the home of Juliet Capulet, the patron of love and romance
$3,946 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.89 stars based on
Reviewed By Layla S.
Reviewed By Debra B.
Reviewed By Lanny B.
Reviewed By Elissa T.
Reviewed By Laurie D.
Reviewed By Robert B.