Experience the spectacles of the Seventh Continent during your custom-tailored 11-day Antarctica tour. Soar over the Drake Passage on a picturesque flight and travel between the South Shetland Islands on a zodiac boat. Imagine yourself in the shoes of 19th-century explorers in search of elephant seals, sea lions, and an abundance of penguins. From unlikely geothermal activity to trekking between secluded national research stations, Antarctica's isolated shores will touch you.
Punta Arenas – Arrive in Chile at Leisure in Punta Arenas
Patagonia has gained a reputation for staggering beauty amidst dramatic landscapes. Mountain peaks pierce the skyline, vast plains sweep across the landscape, and the waters along the western edges of the Pacific lap against the chiseled corners of ancient fjords, hidden glaciers, and pebbled shorelines. The city of Punta Arenas in Chile attracts visitors to the coastline along the Strait of Magellan. You can settle into the comforts of your luxury hotel with the remainder of the day at your leisure to explore the streets of the active city established more than 150 years ago.
King George Island – Fly South to the Research Stations
Antarctica – Cruise the Western Antarctic Peninsula
Antarctica - Continue along the Western Coastline
Antarctica – Explore the Coasts and Landscape for Marine Life and Avifauna
Antarctica – Embrace the Continued Discovery
Antarctica – Walk along the Distinctive Contours of Deception Island
Antarctica – Enjoy the Unique Contours of Deception Island
Antarctica – Find Beauty in Diverse Livingston Island
Punta Arenas – Return to King George Island and Punta Arenas
Punta Arenas – Depart for Home
- Venture to the depths of the coldest, windiest, and driest continent, Antarctica, on a tour via air and sea
- Witness the geothermal activity of Deception Island, home to unique lunar landscapes, thermal pockets, and areas of warmth in the Antarctic waters
- Discover captivating penguin colonies across the South Shetland Islands where chinstrap, gentoo, macaroni, and adélie penguins live and nest
- Traverse the South Shetland Islands’ tallest island, home to the nearly 1,770-foot-tall Mount Pond and remarkable avifauna
- Learn the fantastical facts about the ways 350 different types of mosses and lichens survive in the freezing temperatures and darkness on Elephant Island
- Visit the international research bases on King George Island, where a portion of the 75 year-round and summer research bases reside
- Travel to a variety of islands on a zodiac boat to reach the diverse shorelines in search of marine life, like elephant seals, whales, penguins, and seabirds
- Enjoy an unforgettable flight over Patagonia and the famous waters of the Drake Passage in a BAE 146 jet
$13,195 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.93 stars based on 119 reviews.
Reviewed By Syed H.
Reviewed By Kyung P.
Reviewed By Stephanie F.
Reviewed By Jill K.
Reviewed By Stephen F.
Reviewed By Jan C.