Relaxed and redolent, Uganda offers a dreamy atmosphere for a big-game safari. Get to know the gorillas, track tree-climbing lions, cruise past hippos, and find yourself surrounded by elephants. While the safari experiences are exquisite, the rhythm is tranquil, and this 11-day luxury journey is tailored for senior travelers. Exploring three premier national parks, you create your own daily program of activities, fly between destinations, and celebrate the wonders of Uganda at your own pace, culminating...
Murchison Falls National Park – Relaxed Safari Introductions on the River
The River Nile provides your first safari memories, where bulbous hippos wade in the famous waterway throughout the day before emerging to graze at night. Sometimes you are sitting at the lodge and one barrels out of the river, illuminated by the moon. At other times, you gaze out from the terrace to elephants, a small herd on their route to take a drink. Life on all African savannas revolves around water, and there is a busy wildlife channel running straight past your lodge bringing the safari straight to you. When you have a view over the river, there is always something roaming past.
Landing in Entebbe today, you transfer onto a light aircraft bound for Murchison Falls National Park. The lodge provides a dreamy place to overcome any jet lag or travel fatigue. Just sit back and absorb the sights and sounds, the safari experience alive all day and throughout the night. Another effortless impression of safari is provided when you are actually on the river, a boat cruise revealing the life up and down the banks of the Nile. Ugandan kob skip in the shallows, buffalo cool off in the river, giraffe rise high above the banks, and a huge population of Nile crocodiles waits stealthily to pounce.
Murchison Falls National Park – Serene Safari Rhythm
Murchison Falls National Park – Private Safari Program
Queen Elizabeth National Park – Spectacular Vistas
Queen Elizabeth National Park – Tree-Climbing Lions
Queen Elizabeth National Park – Custom Safari Activities
Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park – Traditional Culture
Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park – Gorilla Trekking, Tailored for Senior Travelers
Entebbe – Relaxed Morning and Flight
Entebbe – Relaxed Tour of the Colonial Capital
Entebbe – Departure
- Go gorilla trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, a team of skilled guides and trackers making the experience as easy as possible for senior travelers
- Spend a whole hour with a wild mountain gorilla troop, goosebumps rising on your arms as you are immersed in all their behaviors
- Relax into the safari experience at Murchison Falls National Park, where a boat safari explores life along the riverbank and animals are readily spotted from the luxury lodge
- Uncover the diversity of East African wildlife in Queen Elizabeth National Park, a mix of the rare, like tree-climbing lions, and the irrepressible such as elephants, buffalos, giraffe and zebra
- Track the predators, seeing them in the trees and out on the savannah stalking their prey
- Three days in both big-game safari destinations ensures you can travel slowly and really appreciate the beautiful nuance of the landscapes where hundreds of birds and thousands of unique scenes filling every day
- Customize the safari program on most of the days, tailoring activities to suit your interests and energy levels
- Fly between destinations by light aircraft, minimizing the travel time as you hop directly from national park to national park
- Explore the Colonial enchantment of Entebbe, the old Ugandan capital reminiscent of the early 20th century and packed with historical tales
- Cruise around Lake Victoria at sunset, an idyllic experience to bring the safari to an end
$14,295 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.84 stars based on
Reviewed By Paul G.
Reviewed By Jan P.
Reviewed By Daniel S.
Reviewed By Joe R.
Reviewed By Gina W.
Reviewed By carmen c.