Along with the rich culture and abundant historical sites, this 9-day tour of central Italy is designed to showcase the gastronomic greatness of the places you visit. From Umbria to Tuscany, the beating heart of Italian olive oil and wine production will be yours to enjoy along with the many other culinary delights. By the time you depart, you will have a better understanding of Italy's love affair with food.
Perugia – An Olive Orientation
From olive orchards to vineyards that stretch to the horizon, Central Italy is known for being a gastronomic paradise. Into this tasty world you will step on your first day, which will be designed to bring you closer to the cuisine of this vibrant peninsula. After your arrival in Rome, you will make your way into Italy's Umbria region, where you will enjoy lunch at an authentic olive press and winery before an optional visit to the hilltop town of Orvieto. By the time you arrive at your rustic accommodations, you will already be well on your way to a mouthwatering Italian adventure.
Perugia – Strolling Through the Ages
Perugia – Basking in Umbrian Hospitality
Montepulciano – Authentic Olive Harvest
Montepulciano – UNESCO World Heritage Site
San Gimignano – Wine-Soaked Tuscany
San Gimignano – From Lucca to Pisa
San Gimignano – In Search of Tasty Truffles
San Gimignano – The Final Course
- Stroll through the cool shade of an authentic Italian olive orchard where farmers follow age-old techniques to harvest and produce some of the world finest oils
- Wander the streets of Montefalco, where narrow alleys give way to brilliance plazas and the tables you pass are filled with an abundance of local ingredients
- Enjoy a thrilling visit to a nearby winery where a jeep safari will ensure your proper introduction to the estate as well as the fine wine varieties they serve
- Discover the Tuscan love affair with Chianti wines as you explore Montepulciano and the rocky caves where generations of wine are stored for future enjoyment
- Immerse yourself in the rustic ambiance of a Tuscan, where Pecorino cheese is just one of the many tasty treasures awaiting your palette
- Plunge into the vibrant atmosphere of Siena, where you survey the uncommonly shaped central plaza
- Embark on a quest in search of the elusive white truffle with your seasoned guide, who will happily provide all the tips and tricks that help them find only the best truffles
$3,271 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.9 stars based on
Reviewed By Tom V.
Reviewed By Stacey A.
Reviewed By Voyle H.
Reviewed By Chris Y.
Reviewed By Mark A.
Reviewed By Tracy M.