Lions lie in wait for wildebeest on evocative grass plains while palm trees flutter from an Indian Ocean breeze on this 13-day sample vacation. The Big Five roam before your eyes, before white sand silkily shifts beneath your feet. Tanzania's landscapes are absolutely untouched, whether you're on a Serengeti safari or lounging on the beaches of Zanzibar. This luxury itinerary connects the paradigms, connecting bush with beach using light aircraft. Surreal and sublime, the journey takes you through...
Kilimanjaro Region – Relaxing Evening
The snow-capped summit of Mount Kilimanjaro guides your arrival into Tanzania, glistening in the fading sun as you touch down at Kilimanjaro International. Exiting the airport, you see another peak, the one of Mount Meru rising imposingly above the plains. Both mountains have lush, fertile slopes, a sharp contrast to the airport's surrounding grasslands that often crack in the dry season heat. You'll be greeted at the airport and transferred to a nearby lodge, where vervet monkeys jump through jackalberry trees, dik diks skip across the grounds, and the vast botanical-style gardens provide a peaceful sanctuary after the flight. Your accommodation is in a private cottage, surrounded by the chirping of exotic birds.
Northern Serengeti – The Drama of the Plains
Northern Serengeti – Following the Big Cats
Day 4 - 5
Serengeti – The Great Wildebeest Migration
Ngorongoro – Final Impressions of the Grasslands
Ngorongoro – Nature's Unrivaled Paradise
Stone Town – A Day in Stone Town
Day 9 - 12
Kendwa Beach – White Sand Bliss
Stone Town – Departure
- Follow the great wildebeest migration through the Serengeti and surround yourself with over a million mammals
- Spend four full days exploring the endless grasslands of the Serengeti, enjoying unrivaled encounters with the big cats in iconic hunting mode
- Savor the luxury of tented camps that complete your effortless connection with the Serengeti
- Take a thrilling game drive through Ngorongoro Crater, where the full Big Five are amongst thousands of mammals in Tanzania's utopian garden
- Explore a unique heritage with a day in the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Stone Town, an enchanting labyrinth of coral architecture and inviting smiles
- Relax on the tropical white sands of Zanzibar, with a private beach villa that overlooks the Indian Ocean
- Connect destinations using light aircraft, minimizing the travel time and maximizing the inspiring panoramas
$6,235 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.92 stars based on 320 reviews.
Reviewed By Monique L.
Reviewed By Andrea L.
Reviewed By John P.
Reviewed By Diane D.
Reviewed By William M.
Reviewed By Fang L.