If South Africa is the Rainbow Nation, then this is the rainbow itinerary, a 14-day kaleidoscope of experiences and destinations, with each as symbolic and inspiring as the last. Lions chasing kudu across the Sabi Sands, hippos in lakes beside the Indian Ocean, traditional Zulu villages, Swaziland, Blyde River Canyon, and Hluhluwe-Umfolozi. It's a journey across sublime landscapes, connecting the great reverie of Southern African travel. And of course, there's plenty of big game safari on this...
Johannesburg – Relaxing at the Cradle of Humankind
Land in Johannesburg and you're quickly transferred into the wilderness of Africa. The city sprawls but it's surrounded by gaping expanses of green, especially as you head west to the Cradle of Humankind, the first World Heritage site you visit on this itinerary. Various three-million-year-old fossils of homo naledi have been excavated here, and more are hidden amongst the limestone caves and open landscapes. With a morning flight arrival, there's time to check into the Homini Boutique Hotel and spend a couple of hours exploring the natural history on the edge of the city.
Mount Sheba Nature Reserve – Looking Through God's Window
Day 3 - 4
Sabi Sands Private Game Reserve – Inclusive Big Game Safari
Mlilwane Game Reserve – First Impressions of Swaziland
Mlilwane Game Reserve – Horse Riding Safari in Swaziland
St Lucia – Cruising Along the Indian Ocean
St. Lucia – Day Safari to Hluhluwe-Umfolozi National Park
St. Lucia – Relaxing with the Hippos
Durban – City Sights and Luxury on the Beach
Day 11 - 12
Bergville – Immersed in Majestic Mountains
Johannesburg – Glimpses of Soweto
Johannesburg – Departure
- Immerse yourself in the wonders of big five safari with two full days in the Sabi Sands, South Africa's premium luxury reserve
- Continue the wild game adventure with a variety of diverse reserves, including the hippos of St. Lucia Lake and a beautiful horse riding safari in Swaziland's Mlilwane Game Reserve
- Travel across the surreal landscapes of Southern Africa, epitomized by weaving a path across the top of Blyde River Canyon
- Spend a day in Africa's oldest game reserve, Hluhluwe-Umfolozi, a destination that's home to an astonishing abundance of wild rhinos
- Travel from bush to beach, and relax on the Indian Ocean beaches of Durban and St. Lucia
- Feel the serenity of two days in the Drakensberg and hike along South Africa's premier mountain trails
- Explore the Kingdom of Swaziland and discover a culture that delights in its portrayal of ancient African traditions
- Always be welcomed by the smiles of locals, including when you visit Mandela's former home in Soweto and see rustic Zulu villages lost in the hills
$7,695 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.9 stars based on 1761 reviews.
Reviewed By Jamuna D.
Reviewed By Rebecca B.
Reviewed By patricia g.
Reviewed By Anna F.
Reviewed By Kelly R.
Reviewed By Lindy P.