Rwanda loves to keep its highlights a secret. Most have heard of gorilla trekking, but few know that the exclusivity extends to a sublime range of experiences throughout Rwanda. Chimpanzee and golden monkey trekking, aerial safari and history told by the survivors of history are just the beginning, but there is also boating through hippo swamps, game drives and walks with the zebra to enhance your connections to the beautiful culture. From the Central African Congo Basin rainforest to iconic East...
Kigali – A Hotel With a History
Land in Rwanda to find that your hotel is scented with history. After being glamorized in a movie and book about the genocide, it has returned to its old-world luxury roots and makes for a very comfortable base in the heart of the capital city. After being greeted at the airport, you will enjoy lunch with the private guide who will accompany you for the first week of your trip. Immediately, you will notice the easygoing and gregarious nature of the people, along with their determination to achieve. On your afternoon city tour, it will seem astonishing that this country is barely two decades past a devastating genocide. Calm and clean, it also has its colorful charms, wonderfully experienced at the local Kimilonko Market. Move into the evening, and your guide can take you for drinks and make dining reservations at Kigali’s upmarket hangouts.
Kigali – Genocide Memoirs: An Intimate Day With Survivors
Nyungwe Forest National Park – Legends and Fables of Pre-Colonial History
Nyungwe Forest National Park – Captivating Chimpanzee Trekking
Nyungwe Forest National Park – A Beautiful Day With the Congo Basin Monkeys and Mangabeys
Volcanoes National Park – Connecting With Culture: The Road to the Gorillas
Volcanoes National Park – The Thrills of Gorilla Trekking
Volcanoes National Park – Golden Monkey Trekking and Legacy of Dian Fossey
Akagera National Park – Exclusive Rwanda Aerial Safari
Day 10 - 11
Akagera National Park – Relaxed Big-Game Safari
Kigali – Departure
- Trek through the Congo Basin rainforest and spend an hour with a troop of chimpanzees as the Nyunge Forest offers one of Africa’s most exhilaratingly personal encounters
- Wind along the shores of Lake Kivu and connect with local culture on the road to Volcanoes National Park to visit villages and be in awe of the views
- Listen to the tales from the past with a day spent alongside genocide survivors, a moving experience that will heighten your respect for the country
- Explore the East African grasslands with a big-game safari in Akagera National Park
- Fly across The Land of a Thousand Hills on an aerial safari with enchanting landscapes rolling beneath the wingtips
- Immerse yourself in the wonder of Volcanoes National Park as you spend a day gorilla trekking, and then another day spent trekking to rare and resplendent golden monkeys
- Uncover the hidden history of pre-colonial Rwanda in Butare, home of the Nyanza kings and an impressive story that has not much been publicized
- Discover more of the world’s rare primates in Nyungwe Forest, home to various endangered monkeys and mangabeys
- Get closer and closer in Akagera with a diverse collection of activities that bring different angles on the giants, including a boat safari through hippo-filled swamps
$7,315 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.84 stars based on 38 reviews.
Reviewed By Ken S.
Reviewed By Rick H.
Reviewed By Richard K.
Reviewed By Michele L.
Reviewed By Linda U.
Reviewed By Janet D.