Escapist and evocative, this two-week safari will explore the very best of Zambia and Malawi. Nighttime drives to admire leopards on the prowl, lazy days on Lake Malawi and the Zambezi River, elephants spotted while on a walking safari, canoeing past hippos, exquisite luxury camps, and a daily program that is expertly tailored to your interests. Including over a week of inspiring Big Five safari, this itinerary brings a relaxing getaway into the world where lions are king, and you can watch hippos...
Livingstone – Victoria Falls Welcomes You to Zambia
Step off the plane in Zambia, and you will probably be a little tired from the flight. Zambia is not really close to anywhere, and that is part of the appeal as you can escape into a world that has not been polluted by modern noise and excess. Nature has always ruled, and within 30 minutes of stepping off of the plane, you will discover the power of these expressions of nature. Stand before Victoria Falls and watch millions of gallons of water metronomically pour over the edge while you listen to the growling thunder that confirms nature’s authority.
This is nature untouched and untamed, a monument that will help you to settle immediately into the rhythm of this two-week safari. You will be greeted at the airport and transferred to the falls, and it will be a 15-minute walk to a number of viewpoints. Later in the afternoon, the guide will transfer you to your lodge, a stunning property that continues this immersion in the serene ambiance of Zambia. Take your time, enjoy dinner as hippos are grazing nearby, and watch the stars slowly transform the night’s sky.
Day 2 - 3
Zambezi River – Tranquility and Exploration
Day 4 - 6
Lower Zambezi National Park – Dreamy Big-Game Safari in a World Heritage Wetland
Day 7 - 11
South Luangwa National Park – Zambia’s Flagship Destination
Day 12 - 14
Likoma Island – The Unrivaled Serenity of Lake Malawi
Likoma Island to Lilongwe – Departure
- Uncover the drama of an authentic African safari with eight days of game drives and walks in two of the continent’s most expressive national parks
- Savor the balance between rustic charm and contemporary luxury as you stay in some of Zambia’s finest lodges while animals roam by, and the hospitality deserves its fame
- Celebrate the power of nature with three days in and around Victoria Falls, including a beautiful canoe trip on the Zambezi and a boat cruise to the lip of the falls
- Explore wilderness from many different angles as your daily safari program is personalized to your interests, with exclusive extras like nighttime drives, canoe safaris, and multi-day walks
- Follow the big cats as they prowl for their prey on the evocative plains of South Luangwa, one of Africa’s best parks for seeing a leopard
- Lose yourself in the mazy channels of Lower Zambezi National Park, a World Heritage Site and showpiece African wetland that is packed with hippos and snorkeling elephants
- Settle into the utter tranquility of Likoma Island on Lake Malawi, an escape that is almost impossibly serene
- Discover how safari takes you beyond the Big Five and into an inspiring world of subtleties, charm and natural theater
- Fly between destinations in light aircraft to enjoy supreme views over the wilderness of both Zambia and Malawi
$9,940 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.93 stars based on
Reviewed By Kathy T.
Reviewed By Eliezer B.
Reviewed By patricia g.
Reviewed By brad s.
Reviewed By Michael P.
Reviewed By Bob V.