Lose yourself in Botswana's beauty and gently slip into its inimitable rhythm with this 10-day safari itinerary. Botswana's immense wilderness seems to stretch on forever. There are no roads, no people, and no settlements. There are just untamed landscapes and abundant wildlife, evocative paintings and the calls of the wild. Suitably relaxed? Now watch as nature's beguiling spell slowly unfolds before your eyes.
Makgadikgadi – Welcome to the Wilderness
Botswana isn't a place where you'll find many roads or towns. Even a main highway sees more elephants than vehicles. It's a vast country, and short hopper flights are sometimes the only way to get around. After landing at the international airport in Maun, you will transfer to a light aircraft and admire the dry savannahs from the air. You're heading to Makgadikgadi, an immense salt pan that covers an area bigger than some European countries. Touch down and get your first glimpse of the mirage; a hazy layer of white seems to hang above the salt, hypnotically extending beyond the horizon. Settle into your rustic camp and gaze out from your private verandah. The nearest settlement is hundreds of miles away, and so is the nearest main road, but you've only arrived at the edge of Makgadikgadi.
Makgadikgadi – Quad Bike Adventures
Makgadikgadi – Experiences with San Bushmen
Central Kalahari – The Lions' Kingdom
Day 5 - 7
Central Kalahari – Lost in the Kalahari
Nxai Pan – Watching the Wildlife
Nxai Pan – Exploring the Nxai Pan
Maun – Departure
- Explore the Central Kalahari Game Reserve, an immense dusty plain that's controlled by black-maned lions and filled with nature's great mammals
- Head off on a quad bike and lose yourself in the vast open spaces of the Makgadikgadi Salt Pans
- Spend an intimate day with San Bushmen and learn all about life in the wilderness and wander into lion country on a thrilling walking safari experience, and then discover the nocturnal Kalahari world on a nighttime game drive
- Gaze out across the surreal Nxai Pan and watch the wildlife slowly approach a waterhole beside your private verandah
- Take private flights and savor the sights from the air, before landing on tiny airstrips that are deep in the wilderness
- Spend ten days lost in the untamed world of central Botswana, with nature's hypnotic spell keeping you company at all times
$6,075 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.94 stars based on 305 reviews.
Reviewed By Eliezer B.
Reviewed By Matthew L.
Reviewed By Bettisu C.
Reviewed By Evan G.
Reviewed By Kathy K.
Reviewed By Janet W.