Hypnotic landscapes deserve complete immersion. Travel to the heart of one of the planet’s most evocative wildernesses with this unique camping safari. Few people have ever set foot where you’re going, so lose yourself in shimmering salt pans, stunning savannah, immense water worlds, rugged African plains, and baffling rock formations. There won’t be other people. But a full assortment of Africa’s great mammals continually drenches the experience in enchantment and excitement.
Central Kalahari – Drama of the Central Kalahari
What’s your dream safari spot? Perhaps a place where lion prides roam across the plains? Maybe a place where you can watch an elephant spraying water over its back? Or perhaps it is where you can witness a leopard or cheetah out on a hunt? Everyone starts a safari adventure with images in their head. The Central Kalahari Game Reserve seems to take all these preconceptions and roll them into a dazzling package. Fly into Maun and then transfer to a light aircraft that drops you in the heart of the world’s second largest reserve. Then set off on a game drive and watch the dreamlike scenes come thick and fast. Majestic black-maned lions patrol the scorched ground and their echoing calls provide the evening soundtrack. Cheetahs and leopards emerge in the late afternoon, hunting in the insipid light and preying on the young and sick. Elephants add dramatic size and power, while the antelopes add a continual source of enchantment. And this is just the start of your camping adventure.
Day 2 - 3
Central Kalahari – Mobile Camping Adventure
Day 4 - 5
Makgadikgadi Pans – A Quad Bike Journey
Day 6 - 8
Moremi Game Reserve – Incredible Walking Safari Experience
Day 9 - 11
Etosha – The Very Best of Namibian Safari
Day 12 - 13
Damaraland – Surreal Serenity
Windhoek – Farewell to Africa
- Experience the dramatic habitats of Etosha National Park and watch the full Big Five surround waterholes, patrol the forests, and roam across rugged plains
- Explore five of the planet’s most surreal and charming landscapes, and sleep in camps that are deep in the heart of the wilderness
- Spend three days in black-maned lion territory on a mobile camping adventure through the Central Kalahari Game Reserve, a park with a dazzling array of Africa’s great mammals
- Quad bike across the shimmering Makgadikgadi Salt Pan and discover a lunar-like landscape that seems to levitate before your eyes; then roll out the mattresses and sleep beneath the stars in the midst of this white wonderland
- Combine fixed and mobile camps and surround yourself with wilderness that few people have ever seen
- Enjoy a unique walking safari by spending three days on Chief’s Island, the epicenter of the Okavango Delta’s wildlife world; wander past hippo pods, elephant herds, and a stunning assortment of ungulates
- Be treated to the finest luxury and comfort available in the bush, with each camping experience designed to be as relaxing as it is adventurous
- Indulge in the surreal and serene world of Damaraland, a baffling landscape of bizarre rock formations and elephants crossing along the horizon
$8,185 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.97 stars based on 32 reviews.
Reviewed By Michael B.
Reviewed By Randy S.
Reviewed By kim b.
Reviewed By Dan M.
Reviewed By Kim H.
Reviewed By kathleen C.