Immerse yourself in the cultural charms and historic atmosphere of Thailand and Vietnam on this explorer’s dream vacation for 17 days. The exquisitely flavorful northern Thai cuisine is best enjoyed in the tribal villages sprawling the hills around Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai, the spirit of Thailand comes to life in the temples of Bangkok, and the whimsy of the country’s wilderness unfolds across Khao Yai National Park.
Chiang Mai - Laidback in the Lanna Kingdom
Thailand’s mountainous city’s former imperial glory and sweeping landscapes dazzle visitors, and there is a wealth to see and do in and around the Lanna Kingdom’s old-world crown jewel Chiang Mai. Cultural explorers flock to the northern hills to travel off the beaten path and find many marvelous hidden heritage gems among the rising countryside. The city itself will seduce your cultural senses from the moment you arrive and transfer to your accommodation around the corner from Old City’s highlights. You may spend your evening acclimating to your home away from home and tucking into authentic northern Thai cuisine.
Chiang Mai - Temple Pilgrimage in Northern Thailand
Chiang Mai - Thai Elephants in the Northern Jungles
Chiang Mai - Curating Classic Khmer Cuisine
Chiang Rai - Famous Scenes of the White Temple
Chiang Rai - On Top of the World in the Shan Highlands
Bangkok - History of the Golden Triangle
Bangkok - Central Thailand’s Sacred Sites
Bangkok - Take a Break in Bangkok’s Green Lungs
Khao Yai - Find Yourself in the Evergreen
Hanoi - The Cultural Capital of Vietnam
Hanoi - Remote Discoveries in Mai Chau
Hạ Long Bay - Hypnotizing Oceanic Voyage in Hạ Long Bay
Ninh Binh - The Grandeur of Vietnam’s Largest Pagoda
Hanoi - Hoa Lu to the Tràng An Grottoes
Hanoi - Historic and Cultural Highlights of Hanoi
Hanoi - The Hidden Secrets of Hanoi
- Explore the famed spiritual temples of northern Thailand during a guided tour around Chiang Mai to the home of Lanna Buddhist influence Wat Phra Singh, the sanctuary of the Crystal Buddha Wat Chiang Man, and more
- Head for the untamed northern hills of Thailand to discover an ethical elephant sanctuary renowned for its incredible conservation efforts and spend your afternoon playing with, bathing, and feeding the gentle giants
- Join a celebrated local chef at an exceptional Chiang Mai cooking school for a day of culinary cultural immersion at local markets where you will pick up fresh ingredients at a Khmer kitchen where you will learn how to prepare traditional northern Thai cuisine
- Admire the surreal art exhibits and stunningly curated sculptures within the meticulously carved walls of the Hindu and Buddhist-inspired White Temple, Wat Rong Khun, a dreamy architectural highlight in Chiang Rai
- Escape to the verdant summit of Mae Salong mountain in the Shan Highlands to indulge in the beautifully crafted northern Thai teas at a local plantation before you encounter the cultural highlights of the Akha, Yao, and Lisu hill-tribe villages
- Tour the picturesque border of Thailand, Laos, and Myanmar, the Golden Triangle, and uncover the Ruak and Mekong rivers’ history as an opium trading route at the Golden Triangle Park Hall of Opium
- Wander the city of Bangkok down narrow canals that branch off the enormous Chao Phraya River in a traditional wooden longtail boat to visit revered sacred sites such as Wat Arun, the Grand Palace, and Wat Pho
- Journey to the unspoiled forests of Khao Yai National Park and spend an afternoon and evening among the indigenous wildlife as you reconnect with nature, scan the jungle for curious creatures, and unwind in the comfort of your secluded accommodation
- Venture from the busy streets of Hanoi to the remote rice paddies of Mai Chau and spend an afternoon with the villagers of Lac, who will introduce you to their culture through song and dance, customary crafts, and cuisine
- Glide across the sun-swept waters of Hạ Long Bay, a vast collection of ancient karst islands littering the coastline of Vietnam, in a cruise ship destined for humble Vietnamese fishing villages, vibrant coral reefs, and historic limestone caves
- Wallow in the whimsical natural surroundings of Ninh Binh during a jungle tour from the royal ancient capital of Hoa Lu to the intricate network of river valleys and water caves that compose the untouched beauty of the Tràng An Grottoes
- Wander Hanoi’s busy and popular districts on a cultural highlights tour from the tranquil waters of Hoàn Kiếm Lake to the dramatic exhibits and spiritually significant grounds of the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum
$5,520 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.75 stars based on
Reviewed By Loren H.
Reviewed By Bob F.
Reviewed By Arian A.
Reviewed By Jonathan D.
Reviewed By Kamran S.
Reviewed By Quincy M.