Explore the bustling capital cities of Vietnam and Thailand, Hanoi and Bangkok, for lavish adventures and unique experiences within sparkling cosmopolitans and retreat to the forested mountains of Northern Thailand’s Chiang Mai region as well as the pearly coastlines of Phuket island on this quintessential 14-day tour of Southeast Asia’s highlights. From culinary classes to boat cruises, Southeast Asia is brimming with adventure.
Hanoi - First Stop, Vietnam’s Capital City
The capital of Vietnam, Hanoi, blends old and new in its preservation of historic homes lining streets laden with food stalls and contemporary accommodations sharing lofty views over its fascinating skyline. An aura of friendly charm floods the city’s neighborhoods punctuated by spiritual pagodas dressed in gold and porcelain and typically modest eateries where locals and foreigners gather for a delicious taste of Vietnamese cuisine and coffee. You will embrace the energy of Hanoi once you arrive at the airport, transfer to your exquisite hotel, and wander the neighborhood to acclimate to the Southeast Asian atmosphere.
Hanoi - Insider’s Look into Wartime Vietnam
Ha Long Bay - Setting Sail on Sapphire Seas
Ha Long Bay - The Whimsy of Vietnam’s Wilderness
Hanoi - One Last Night in Vietnam
Bangkok - An Introduction to the Flavors of Thailand
Bangkok - Many Ways to Wander Around Bangkok
Bangkok - Floating through Lat Mayom Market
Chiang Rai - Escape to the Mountains of Northern Thailand
Chiang Rai - Thailand’s Golden Triangle
Phuket - A Throw Away from the Ocean
Phuket - The Pleasures of Phuket
Phuket - Touring the Beaches of Koh Phi Phi
Phuket - Picturesque Phuket Scenes
- Cruise Hanoi’s historic neighborhoods on traditional, restored military Minsk motorcycles for a unique look at the country’s wartime past at venerated museums as well as the heritage bridge with stunning city views, Long Bien
- Set sail across the sparkling azure waters of Ha Long Bay, an immaculate collection of karst limestone islands that exudes beauty and charm from its ancient, rugged formations and quiet fishing villages dotting the seas
- Meet locals who reside in the authentic Viet Hai village to unpack the country’s ancient traditions and customs through song, dance, and cuisine before you wander the emerald rainforest to spot Ha Long Bay’s resident furry, feathered, and scaly creatures
- Weave through Bangkok’s busy streets, on a traditional Thai taxi known as a tuk-tuk, to coveted street food stalls and bustling markets for an authentic taste of Thailand’s iconic culinary culture
- Make use of many modes of transportation in Bangkok, including long-boats, tuk-tuks, and sky trains, as you tour the city’s adored and world-famous landmarks, including the Grand Palace, Wat Arun, Wat Pho, and other revered temples and heritage sites
- Experience an iconic Thai adventure during a tour of Lat Mayom Floating Market, an activity that will have you gliding along waterways in wooden boats past waterside vendors and stalls of Bangkok’s rural outskirts
- Visit the famous Golden Triangle of Thailand on nature tours in and around the forested mountains of Chiang Rai, leading you to historic opium museums and protected elephant camps where you will play with, bathe, and feed the sacred creatures
- Partake in a traditional Khmer cuisine cooking class led by a professional Chiang Rai chef and indulge in the sensational Northern Thai dishes that you create during the tantalizing gastronomy tour
- Glide across the Andaman Sea from Phuket’s pearl-white beaches to the shimmering, sun-washed coastline of Koh Phi Phi for a speedboat excursion to surreal coral reefs and hideaway shores where Thailand’s island beauty comes to life
$7,009 per person (excluding international flights)
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.99 stars based on 159 reviews.
Reviewed By Christine S.
Reviewed By Susan V.
Reviewed By Scott F.
Reviewed By Lyndsay W.
Reviewed By Ashley R.
Reviewed By Diane G.