Far from the bustling crowds of Rome and Florence, this 7-day tour of Northeast Italy will provide travelers with a refreshing introduction with the rural beauty and cultural brilliance that attracted visitors to Italy for centuries. From the elegant stateliness of Udine to the brisk boardwalks of coastal Trieste, you will have a chance to see a side of Italy missed by many, while enjoying all the comforts of modern resorts and accommodations.
Udine – A Walking Tour Through Time
Situated in the Northeast corner of Italy, the town of Udine enjoys a unique position between mountains and sea and within an hours drive of both Austria and Slovenia. As you will notice on your first day in Udine, it is here that cultures collide and the mystery of the past is woven into the modern community you see today. Upon arrival, a charming guide will take you on a customizable walking tour of the main attractions as well as the secret cafes where you can sample the best of the local cuisine.
Udine – Exploring the Friuli Plateau
Grado – Perched Atop the Adriatic
Grado – Uncover the Alluring Ruins at Alquileia
Trieste – The Edge of Italy
Trieste – Step Into the Past on a Private Walking Tour
Trieste – Day Trip to the Italian Outback
Trieste –Turning the Page on Your Italian Adventure
- Survey a side of Italy missed by most on a walking tour of the multicultural Udine and see why many consider this similar to Venice but without the crowds
- Plunge into the unique culture and history of the Friuli region on a day trip to nearby Spilimbergo and San Daniele del Friuli
- Take in the sea air at the resort town of Grado where you can kick back and relax in a thermal spa or ponder the architectural richness of the city center
- Allow history to come alive on a visit to the nearby ruins of Aquileia where the columns stand as stoic examples of their Roman authors
- Wind down your journey at the edge of Italy on a visit to Trieste where natural beauty blends effortlessly with historic magnificence
- Trek through the Carso Plateau and enjoy the scenic pathways, natural surroundings, and vast panoramas of Istria at your feet
$6,235 per person (excluding international flights)
Your Zicasso trip is fully customizable, and this sample itinerary is a starting place for your travel plans. Actual costs are dynamic, and your selection of accommodations and activities, your season of travel, and other such variables will bring this budget guideline up or down. Throughout your planning experience with your Zicasso specialist, your itinerary is designed around your budget. You can book your trip when you are satisfied with every detail. Planning your trip with a Zicasso travel specialist is a free service.
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.79 stars based on
Reviewed By Karen B.
Reviewed By Derrell H.
Reviewed By Jennings M.
Reviewed By Mary G.
Reviewed By Alex T.
Reviewed By CHRISTOPHER D.