This is the Italy of Michelangelo and the Medici, the Italy of Dante and the Dolomites. It’s the Italy of hearty food and rich wines, unmatched art and incomparable style, the height of culture and the pinnacle of natural splendor. It’s the Italy of opulent duomos and luxurious villas, the canals of Venice and the cliffs of Cinque Terre. This private Northern Italy vacation package will show you areas unlike anywhere else on Earth.
Milan - Touching Down in Northern Italy
Your tour of Italy begins in marvelous Milan—the largest city in Northern Italy and one of the great fashion cities in the world. A private driver will take you from the airport to the quaint and darling town of Varenna on the shores of serene Lake Como. After dropping off your bags at your comfortable and elegant hotel, you can enjoy lunch before setting out for an afternoon cruise. Here, you’ll learn about the rich and vibrant history of the city and the country surrounding it, from their conflicts with Como and Milan to the city-wide celebration of San Giovanni’s Day on June 24th. Marvel in the edifice of Vezio Castle, constructed in the early-12th century and stroll through the castle’s gardens, which are some of the most beautiful in the area.
Lake Como - Cruise the Enchanting Lake
Verona - The City of Literature’s Most Famous Lovers
Verona - Works of the West’s Greatest Architect
Padua - A Delightful University Town
Venice - Winding Your Way Around Venice
Venice - City of the Canals
Florence - The Vivid Past of a Vivacious City
Florence - The Art and Culture of Florence
Siena - Jewel of the Italian Countryside
Siena - Stories of Life in Northern Italy
Cinque Terre - A Leaning Tower and the Stunning Coast
Cinque Terre - The Famous Five Cities
Milan - The Many Marvels of Magnificent Milan
Milan - Coming Back Home
- Make your way along the captivating coast of famous Lake Como, marveling in the scenery, delighting the locals and reveling in the grandeur of its most luxurious towns
- Visit Verona, an Italian city steeped in literary lore and filled with unforgettable sights, before heading into the mountains and the awesome peaks of the Dolomites
- Explore the works of the West’s greatest architect in Vicenza and revel in the indisputable allure of Padua as you make your winding way through the Italian north
- Cruise the canals and visit the gorgeous buildings of magical Venice, the Floating City that continues to enchant all those who stop here, filled with relics to a glorious past and urban scenery that is truly one-of-a-kind
- Spend some time in Florence, from the Ponte Vecchio spanning the winding River Arno to Brunelleschi’s crowning dome that dominates the city’s skyline, before turning to the Tuscan countryside, where you’ll uncover some of Italy’s best-kept secrets
- Enjoy the life of luxury on the rugged yet gorgeous cliffs of Cinque Terre and take a day to enjoy the high fashion and high culture of Milan, one of the great cities of northern Italy
Nowhere screams history like the north of Italy, where the words of the country’s great poets fill the air, the art of the country’s great sculptors fill the city squares and the smells of the country’s great cooking wafts over city streets and rolling hills. This 15-day private Northern Italy vacation package will hit all of the highlights of this captivating region, from the cliffs of the Italian Riviera to the shores of the Adriatic, filled with exciting activities and engaging people that you are sure never to forget.
Revel in the untrammeled splendor of the natural beauty of the area, from the roiling surf of the Mediterranean pounding against the cliffs of Cinque Terre to the jagged teeth and soaring ridges of the mighty Dolomites. Live the life of small-town Italy as you walk the streets of hidden gems from Verona and Vicenza to Padua and Pisa. And discover the amazing offerings at some of the greatest centers of art in the world, from the faultless acoustics and inspiring façade of Milan’s La Scala opera house to the Byzantine decadence of St. Mark’s Basilica in Venice to the staggering works of genius that fill Florence’s Accademia and the Uffizi Gallery.
The south may have Rome and the marvels of Pompeii, the island retreat of Capri, and the incredible food of Umbria, but there is truly nowhere in the country that can match the cultural, historical and natural grandeur of the northern Italian peninsula. Come for the stirring art or inimitable architecture, for the fantastic food and the unparalleled luxury, for the bustle of a night in Milan or the peace of an afternoon on Lake Como: Why ever you choose to visit, make sure you don’t miss Northern Italy.
$11,305 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.89 stars based on
Reviewed By Rica L.
Reviewed By rich b.
Reviewed By JEFFREY L.
Reviewed By Suparna P.
Reviewed By Beth B.
Reviewed By Chuck B.