Once dominated by massive glacier formations, the diverse terrain of the Alps and Northern Italy will be your to explore on this 7-day tour of Lake Como and Milan. Como provides you with a rustic introduction to the region, and panoramic views of the nearby lake and humbling trips into the mountains reveal a quieter side of Italy. Once you experience Lake Como, you will make your way to the exhilarating expanse of Milan.
Lake Como – An Alpine Arrival
The Italian Lakes District is an outstanding setting for your first day on this tour of Northern Italy. From craggy mountain peaks to the brilliant blues of the region’s many lakes, there is an abundance of natural beauty and culture that keeps people returning year after year. After arriving at Milan's primary airport, a convenient transfer will carry you into the alpine foothills to your comfortable accommodations on the shores of Lake Como. You will celebrate your arrival on an afternoon boat tour of the lake that will allow you to survey the rugged mountain panoramas and quaint villages.
Lake Como – The Savory Side of Italy
Lake Como – Aboard a Funicular
Milan – Into the Heart of Lombardy
Milan – Walking Tour through the Ages
Milan – Relaxing Day in Lombardy
Milan – Turning the Page
- Take to the waves on a scenic boat tour of Lake Como, where you will witness the shoreline properties of kings, princes, and other celebrities
- Snack your way through Como's many eateries and markets on a guided food tour that will introduce you to the region's fine wine and cheese production
- Survey the Alpine scenery on a day trip to the hilltop village of Brunate, where panoramic views of the glittering lake below you can be found around every corner
- Witness the ornately carved exterior of Milan's main cathedral on a walking tour of the city center while a guide happily introduces you to the main historical and artistic sites
- Enjoy an authentic three-course meal and enjoy outstanding cuisine and company
- Ponder the brilliance behind Da Vinci's Last Supper on a visit to the famous church of Santa Maria delle Grazie, where your guide will happily introduce you to the man behind the fresco
- Amble through the ages on a day of leisure in Milan, where you can choose from any number of options to explore the city or relax in the comfort of your hotel
$2,634 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.79 stars based on
Reviewed By Don B.
Reviewed By William S.
Reviewed By Gwen L.
Reviewed By Laurie D.
Reviewed By Stephanie W.
Reviewed By Lynn C.