Along with a vibrant history and thriving arts scene, Italy is also known for its abundant opportunities for outdoor recreation. This 10-day tour of the Trentino and South Tyrol region is handcrafted to introduce you to a unique side of Northern Italy and to ensure an active approach to learning about the region's natural beauty and ancient origins. From horseback riding to cheese tasting, there is something for everyone in this colorful corner of Italy.
Lake Garda – Arrive in Northern Italy
Compared to the sun-drenched beaches of the south, Northern Italy presents visitors with a rugged, mountainous terrain of gentle foothills and craggy alpine peaks. Perhaps, no better ambassador for this terrain can be found than in the Trentino-South Tyrol area and the magnificent Dolomites. Into this stunning alpine escape you will venture on a private transfer after your arrival in Milan. When you reach your comfortable accommodation on the shores of Lake Garda, you will have the remainder of the afternoon to spend at your leisure.
Lake Garda – Postcard Worthy Sirmione
Lake Garda – Italy's Most Famous Lovers
Valgardena – Flavors of an Alpine Vintage
Valgardena – Through the Dolomites
Valgardena – Private Cooking Course
Valgardena – Exploring the Region
Venice – Tasting Asiago Cheese
Venice – Glass Splendor
Venice – Departure
- Take to the trails on a scenic bicycle ride through the rugged terrain and craggy peaks of the Dolomites
- Plunge into the history and culture on display on the peninsula community of Sirmione and enjoy the cool mountain air as it sweeps across Lake Garda
- Walk in the footsteps of Italy's most famous lovers on a trip to Verona, where the plazas and alleys were the setting of Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet
- Enjoy the flavors and varieties of Italy's high altitude vineyards on a trip to an authentic winery where locals still practice the same methods and traditions that they have used for centuries
- Roll up your sleeves on an inspired cooking course in an alpine chalet where a professional chef will introduce you to the secrets and recipes of this region's gastronomic greatness
- Enjoy the elevated vantage point of a horseback ride through Valgardena and appreciate the handsome features of the Dolomites
- Feel the rhythm of the waves on a gondola ride through the maze of Venetian canals that cross this capital of the Veneto region
- Visit the birthplace of Asiago cheese and stroll the grounds of an authentic Italian dairy to enjoy samples and tastings of the many cheeses
- Embark on a walking tour of Venice's city center to witness stunning architecture and vibrant history
$6,235 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.89 stars based on
Reviewed By Sharon B.
Reviewed By Bruce B.
Reviewed By Irene P.
Reviewed By Christina H.
Reviewed By Wendy O.