Wander the French countryside during this guided 10-day self-drive itinerary from the quaint town of Chablis to the breathtaking wilderness flanking Sarlat, Dordogne. Find refuge in charming accommodations pinned in picturesque off-the-beaten-path wine regions as well as immaculate volcanic landscapes veiling France’s outlying pastures. Explore the flavors of France and the country’s rich heritage as you make your way down south towards Bordeaux.
Chablis - The Bucolic Pastures from Paris to Chablis
You will spot your name on a sign held by your driver as you arrive in Paris and check through the immigration desk at Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport. From Paris, you will drive through the French countryside to the quaint, off-the-beaten-path town of Chablis. Boasting exceptional Burgundy wine tourism in and around quintessential French châteaux, Chablis will introduce you to the picturesque French scenes of medieval castles rising above landscaped lawns that fold across pastures reaching for the horizon.
Chablis - French Wine Tasting In and Around Chablis
Cluny - An Introduction Into Archetypal French Heritage
Lyon - French Flavors in the Beaujolais Countryside
Lyon - Breathtaking Hiking Trails Weaving through the Beaujolais
Auvergne - Across the Volcanic Massif Central to Auvergne
Auvergne - Wandering the Illustrious Forests of Auvergne
Sarlat - Quiet Moments in an Authentic Old Town
Sarlat - History of the Vézère and Grotte de Font-de-Gaume
Sarlat - Beautiful Spectacles En Route to Bordeaux
- Pedal across Chablis’ surrounding wine country to exemplary estates hemmed amongst the gorgeous viridian vineyards that cascade large portions of the French countryside
- Admire ancient French architecture as you tour the Cistercian monastery, Abbaye de Fontenay, as well as the immaculate medieval fortress town of Semur-en-Auxois
- Uncover the history of truffle foraging during a guided tour alongside a truffle expert and his trusted canine companion
- Cherish scenes of the Beaujolais’ breathtaking natural highlights as you ascend to the peak of the Rock of Solutré and explore cobbled villages en route to Mont Brouilly
- Explore the Beaujolais hinterlands and delve into the heritage stories shrouding the region’s charming villages during strolls and biking tours in and around the countryside
- Cross the unknown lands of the Massif Central’s volcanic region to the sparkling waters of the Lac du Pêcher and discover the pleasures of the postcard-perfect forested landscape
- Wander the cobbled alleys weaving through Sarlat Old Town and tuck into authentic French cuisine at local eateries peppering the architecturally sound district
- Paddle the azure waters of the Vézère river to the stunning Grotte de Font-de-Gaume caves, where you will uncover Magdalenian period cave paintings and engravings
$3,665 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.59 stars based on 108 reviews.
Reviewed By Charlene C.
Reviewed By Laurie M.
Reviewed By Edgar V.
Reviewed By Cindie F.
Reviewed By Deborah W.
Reviewed By Robert B.