Kenya is a stronghold for African cheetahs, and this safari will provide the inside track on their behavior and lifestyle. You will join conservationist guides and move up close to the world’s fastest land mammal. First, you will visit the Samburu, where cheetahs are struggling to survive, before visiting the Masai Mara, which is home to the world’s greatest cheetah population. Many other exceptional safari experiences will fill your luxurious ten days, including chimpanzees and wild Big Five...
Nairobi – Getting Comfortable in Kenya
Nairobi is a luscious city and a capital that stands isolated on elevated plains. Wilderness surrounds it, including essential wildlife corridors that have been exceptionally conserved, especially given the modern city’s demands. You will land in Nairobi and see that Kenya is huge on conservation. The city has expanded around a national park, where elephants and rhinos find refuge amid a backdrop of skyscrapers and highways. Nowhere else in Africa has such a juxtaposition of bustling city life and four-legged mammals. It is a setting that can make you feel comfortable, and you can only imagine what is to come when you fly to Kenya’s more remote areas.
You will be greeted at the recently renovated airport by your local guide. From here, it will be about a 30-minute transfer to your lodge that overlooks Nairobi National Park. Wild animals can be seen directly from your balcony, notably elephants and giraffes. Your conservationist guide will meet you over coffee to discuss your safari program, and there will be time to stock up on anything that you are missing before dinner at one of Nairobi’s acclaimed restaurants. A day in Nairobi also allows you to adjust to the East African rhythm before traveling into the wild.
Samburu National Reserve – Start of the Cheetah Conservation Safari
Day 3 - 4
Samburu National Reserve – Tracking Cheetahs and Other Cats
Ol Pejeta Conservancy – Classic Big-Five Safari in Central Kenya
Ol Pejeta Conservancy – Chimpanzee Conservation
Mara North Conservancy – An Abundance of Cheetahs
Day 8 - 9
Mara North Conservancy – Cheetah Conservation in the Masai Mara
Nairobi – Departure
- Explore the Masai Mara, which is one of few remaining strongholds for cheetahs, with local, conservationist guides
- Indulge in two days of being immersed with cheetahs and conservationists in Samburu, which is a rugged wilderness where the world’s fastest land mammal is hanging on
- Discover the abundance of Ol Pejeta, which is a private conservancy that offers an intimate, Big Five safari experience
- Uncover unusual cheetah behavior, including male hunting coalitions in the Mara
- Spend a day of discovering chimpanzee conservation efforts near Ol Pejeta
- Admire the wonders of Kenya’s premier safari destinations, where the excitement will come from more than just the cheetahs
- Explore Kenya with indigenous guides, including walks with Masai and Samburu warriors
$9,395 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.89 stars based on 157 reviews.
Reviewed By Rachael H.
Reviewed By Jamie M.
Reviewed By Diane D.
Reviewed By Marlene A.
Reviewed By Kenneth P.
Reviewed By Brian M.