Carnaval and the Casa Rosada, the samba and the tango, Rio de Janeiro and the Rio de la Plata. This Brazil and Argentina tour is filled with experiences that can never be forgotten. From the streets of two of the world’s most famous cities to the roaring waters of Iguazu Falls, you might find yourself wondering why you’d ever want to return.
Rio de Janeiro – Arriving in Brazil
You touch down this morning at the airport in resplendent Rio de Janeiro, one of the largest cities in South America and one of the most beautiful metropolises on the planet, stretching along a natural crystalline harbor and crowned by lush peaks and brilliant sunny skies. You’ll be picked up and transferred to your fantastic accommodations while in Rio. Your accommodation is on the sugar-white shores of the world-renowned Copacabana. Revel in the modern amenities of the guest rooms, the captivating views over Rio Harbor and the sleek and modern lines of the lobby, as well as the delicious offerings at the restaurant and the caipirinhas at the chic pool bar.
This afternoon and evening can be dedicated to exploring some of Rio, from the stunning exterior and guilded interior of the Candelaria Church to the great exhibits at Museu Nacional de Belas Artes or the Museum de Arta Moderna, with the option for a delicious dinner of traditional Brazilian fare never far away.
Rio de Janeiro – The Heights of Corcovado and the Sands of Ipanema
Rio de Janeiro – A Final Day in Brazil’s “Marvelous City”
Iguazu – Off to Iguazu Falls
Buenos Aires – Goodbye Brazil, Hello Argentina
Buenos Aires – A Day in the “Paris of Latin America”
Buenos Aires – Cowboys and Commerce in Buenos Aires
Buenos Aires – Leaving Latin America
- Spend your first three days in incredible Rio de Janeiro, one of the world’s most unforgettable cities, where the beauty of the scenery mixes with the passion of the locals to create a feel that is truly unlike anywhere else on Earth
- Climb to the top of Mount Corcovado, making your way past one of the world’s largest urban forests and to the feet of the 100-foot-tall statue of Cristo Redentor, one of the most enduring symbols of Rio
- Turn to Brazil’s border with Argentina to encounter the phenomenal Iguazu Falls, one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World, whose main cascades tumble more than 200 feet
- Walk the streets of incomparable Buenos Aires, Argentina’s cosmopolitan capital known for its urban grace and grandeur as well as its verve, its captivating nightlife and its succulent cuisine
- Live life as a true Argentine, maybe heading out to the far edges of the city to experience a day as a Gaucho or turning to the underground clubs in the heart of Buenos Aires to learn to steps of the tango, Argentina’s national dance
Brazil tours and Argentina tours are the two giants of South America—behemoths in terms of culture and landmass, and offering some of the most phenomenal destinations on the planet. This 8-day best of Brazil and Argentina tour shows you the best of both of these remarkable nations, from the excitement and vitality of life in Rio de Janeiro and Buenos Aires to the soothing calm of South America. You will also be introduced to a way of life that you may never want to leave.
Begin in Rio de Janeiro, the second-largest city in Brazil, and a hotbed for the beach culture and natural splendor that has given Brazil its international reputation. Reach the peak of Mount Corcovado to awe at the breathtaking cityscape sprawled out below you, as well as the inspiring statue of Cristo Redentor that soars above your head. Then, travel to the borderlands between Argentina and Brazil to take in the spectacle of Iguazu Falls, one of the world’s largest waterfalls and one of the most dramatic reaches of a river on the planet. Your tour concludes in the barrios (neighborhoods) of Buenos Aires. From the tango dancers that fill the sidewalks of La Boca to the imperial majesty of the Casa del Gobierno and the Legislative Palace, from the tree-lined streets of Palermo to the Old World charm of San Telmo.
These are countries filled with romance and tradition, the pull of the past and the promise of the future, the sunny days and spicy nights that have made this part of the world irresistible. Revel in the songs and stories of the people; marvel at the fecundity and power of nature; be thrilled by the history and culture in every inch and glimpse. Whatever you’ve been looking for in a South American vacation, all of it and more can be found right here.
$2,195 per person (excluding international flights)
Your Zicasso trip is fully customizable, and this sample itinerary is a starting place for your travel plans. Actual costs are dynamic, and your selection of accommodations and activities, your season of travel, and other such variables will bring this budget guideline up or down. Throughout your planning experience with your Zicasso specialist, your itinerary is designed around your budget. You can book your trip when you are satisfied with every detail. Planning your trip with a Zicasso travel specialist is a free service.
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.79 stars based on 102 reviews.
Reviewed By Stephanie F.
Reviewed By Judith B.
Reviewed By Casey M.
Reviewed By Colleen K.
Reviewed By deepak n.
Reviewed By JOSEPH F.