Zambia is Africa’s premier walking safari destination, and this handcrafted 11-day safari combines two exceptionally unique experiences. Relish the thrills of a one-way adventure through South Luangwa, with mobile camps along the game-rich Mupamadzi River. Then settle into the staggering ambiance of North Luangwa with four days of customized walks from one of the continent’s most remote luxury camps. Expect limitless adventure, unrivaled authenticity, and absolute wilderness.
South Luangwa – Opening Game Drive and Introduction to the Wild
The journey to Nkwali Camp provides an indication of just how remote and wild the walk is going to be. Fly into Mfuwe International Airport then drive through local villages and vivid bushland to the Luangwa River, where your luxury room commands inspiring views over South Luangwa National Park. Check in for lunch and gaze over the escarpment, admiring the twists of the Great Rift Valley. Then explore the surrounding area on an afternoon game drive, an easy introduction to the safari experience and a chance to garner first impressions of South Luangwa’s wildlife. You’ll continue after dark, an introduction to the kind of mystical intimacy that a Zambian safari is all about. Spend the night listening to the soundtrack, from exotic birds to flamboyant hyenas and the grazers that come up to the canvas. You’re already deep within big-game country, and nothing breaks the enchantment.
South Luangwa – The Wilderness Walking Adventure Begins
Day 3 - 5
South Luangwa – Tracking Africa’s Giants Along the Mupamadzi River
South Luangwa – Boat Safari and Game Drives to the Luangwa River
North Luangwa – A Limitless Wilderness Untouched by Vehicles
Day 8 - 10
North Luangwa – Tailored Walking Safari From a Luxurious Base in the Mwaleshi Sector
North Luangwa – Departure
- Leave the modern world behind and escape into a landscape where you won’t see more than a handful of people or vehicles for 11 days
- Soak up the atmosphere of an old-world expedition with a four-day walk through South Luangwa National Park, following the curves of the Mupamadzi River and the antics of its resident herds
- Tailor four days of remote adventure in North Luangwa National Park, where a luxury camp provides the base for day trips into a wilderness that is inaccessible to vehicles
- Feel the allure of nature with mobile camps in the midst of the national parks, the crackle of the campfire combined with the trumpeted sounds of elephants and the rustle of grazing herds
- Complement the walks with a day of boat safari along the Luangwa River and a few short game drives that connect you to spectacular trail heads
- Encounter many of Africa’s most revered animals on the walks, with skilled trackers bringing you stunning moments with elephants, buffalos, giraffes, hippos, and a fabulous variety of antelopes
- Share the same land of these majestic mammals and enter their world, learning how to respect the rhythm of nature and the clues of the wild
- A walking safari really opens your senses to the complexity and exhaustive detail of Africa, giving you a perspective that very few people have ever had the chance to experience
$12,722 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.93 stars based on
Reviewed By Tee B.
Reviewed By Philippe G.
Reviewed By Rita C.
Reviewed By Tracy H.
Reviewed By Jeff H.
Reviewed By Phyllis H.