This extraordinary journey takes in the best that Kenya has to offer, from the delightfully eccentric Giraffe Manor where the animals rule the roost, the rugged beauty and statuesque tribes of the Samburu, to the wild open plains of the majestic Masai Mara. After your Kenya safari, fly to the coast and absorb the blissfully romantic barefoot luxury of Kinondo Kwetuon the Indian Ocean.
Nairobi – Welcome to Kenya
On arrival at Nairobi Airport, a representative will meet you and drive you to Giraffe Manor where you will be spending the night. This elegantly charming manor house was built in 1932 by Sir David Duncan and is set in 120 acres of rolling grounds. In 1974, Jock and Betty Leslie-Melville purchased the house and founded the African Fund for Endangered Wildlife on the property. Their first move was to bring in five baby Rothschild’s giraffe, a highly endangered subspecies found only in this region of East Africa. They thrived under the Leslie-Melville’s care, and grew to produce offspring of their own, who now freely wander the grounds of Giraffe Manor. Betty chronicled the tale in her wonderful book, ‘Raising Daisy Rothschild’. Staying at Giraffe Manor contributes to conservation of endangered species and the education of African schoolchildren in the importance of preserving their unique wildlife heritage, as a portion of your fee is set aside for these causes.
Day 2 - 4
Samburu – The Rugged Beauty of Samburu
Day 5 - 7
Maasai Mara – The Magic of the Maasai Mara
Day 8 - 11
Ukunda – An Indian Ocean Paradise
Ukunda – Homeward Bound
- Experience thrilling predator sightings in the Masai Mara
- Witness the Great Wildebeest Migration in season
- Seek out the big cats in Shaba National Reserve
- Take guided safari walks with a Samburu warrior
- Glide over the Maasai Mara in a hot air balloon
- Soak up the tropical paradise of Kinondo Kwetu on the Indian Ocean
- Enjoy a host of watersports and activities including diving, horse riding and deep-sea fishing.
$14,035 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.9 stars based on
Reviewed By Kacey T.
Reviewed By Alicen H.
Reviewed By Drishti Y.
Reviewed By Huan W.
Reviewed By Linda G.
Reviewed By Erin P.