Africa’s surreal landscapes revel in their diversity on this 13-day Botswana and Kenya. safari Each national park is unique and every stretch of wilderness offers a new experience. Combine the very best of East and Southern Africa with this ultimate safari adventure. Lose yourself in the rugged landscapes of Northern Botswana, feast your eyes on the serene beauty of the Okavango, then soak up the enchantment of Kenya’s Maasai Mara.
Chobe National Park – First Safari Excitement
Evidence of elephants surrounds you in Chobe. Trumpet calls echo through the forest, great swathes of trees have been uprooted and trampled, and fresh dung encircles a waterhole. Gaze up from your verandah and start counting. There is one slowly emerging along the horizon. Here’s another, creeping around from behind your camp. A third already patrols the water, taking its time as you eagerly take photos. You’re not counting individual elephants; you’re keeping track of herds. Some number 30 individuals, while other herds join forces and move together, forming a giant grey mass that seems to be descending on your camp. African safari is all about the wow moments, the unique snapshots that paint a picture of both grace and power. It’s the elephants of Chobe National Park that offer your first moment; some people gasp and shake their heads, others shriek in excitement, and then the guide reminds you that you haven’t even been on a game drive yet. This is just the sight when you open the en-suite tent.
Chobe is home to the largest collection of wild elephants on the planet, almost 100,000 of them marauding across thick forest, sandy trails, and ancient rivers. A first game drive reveals that they’re not alone. Hippos are counted by their pods, zebra by their herds, and giraffe by their number of towers. It’s this rich abundance of nature’s largest mammals that makes Chobe such a spectacular first stop. After landing in Maun International Airport you’ll take a light aircraft into a tiny airstrip in the Linyanti Reserve along the northern perimeter of Chobe. Almost immediately you’ve swapped modern civilization for an astonishing landscape, one that seems overrun by the biggest nature has to offer.
Day 2 - 3
Chobe National Park – Immense Elephant Herds and Nature’s Great Mammals
Moremi Game Reserve – Drama of the Okavango Delta
Day 5 - 6
Moremi Game Reserve – Abundant Big Cat Action
Maasai Mara – Epic Scale of the Maasai Mara
Day 8 - 9
Maasai Mara – Grass Plains of the Mara
Day 10 - 12
Diani Beach – Indulging in Tropical Beach Paradise
Nairobi – Farewell to Africa
- Explore three of Africa’s finest national parks and combine a breathtaking collection of safari activities and adventure
- Discover the world’s largest wild elephant population and feast your eyes on nature’s great mammals in Chobe National Park
- Explore the luxuriant waterways of the Okavango Delta and soak up the enchantment of the planet’s greatest natural oasis
- Spend three days on Chief's Island, an astonishingly abundant world of big cats, hippo pods, and giraffe towers
- Gaze out to the horizon and let your eyes run wild in the Maasai Mara, home to the Great Migration and East Africa’s greatest collection of wild game
- Tailor a personal itinerary that combines game drives, walking safaris, nighttime drives, and boat safaris
- Enjoy a continual safari immersion as Africa’s indelible residents wander through your unfenced camp and roam beside your private balcony
$8,874 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.92 stars based on
Reviewed By greg s.
Reviewed By Kacey T.
Reviewed By Tracy G.
Reviewed By Richard R.
Reviewed By Huan W.
Reviewed By Ann T.