The effects of World War II shaped Europe and left behind incredibly important stories for you to experience during your bespoke tour to Germany and Poland. Early-modern and mid-modern history comes to life in the grand cupolas and soaring church spires of antique neighborhoods. The sweeping vista from the Eagle’s Nest contrasts with the structure’s nefarious purpose and the galleries inside the former concentration camps are compelling as they tell the stories of those who passed through the...
Warsaw – Arrive in the Vibrant and Bustling Capital of Poland
Warsaw exudes a different Poland, one of diverse architecture that showcases the celebrations and scars of contemporary history. Restored Gothic churches rise above Brutalist concrete business buildings from the Communist era, as modern high-rises of glass and steel add a shimmer to the skyline. Each neighborhood adds to the complexity of Warsaw’s past, from Chopin to the Jewish Ghetto, and also speaks to the present with cosmopolitan cuisine and bars that bounce to an enticing beat. Your private transfer will greet at the Warsaw Chopin Airport upon your arrival and escort you to your stunning hotel near the edges of Old Town Square.
Trees shade the cobbled walkways as the spire of the 14th-century Cathedral of St. John rises above the sloping orange rooftops of the colorful buildings that surround. The aroma of fresh pierogi, a Central European dumpling, drifts out of the restaurants and cafes around the city. Nearby, the concrete structure of the Palace of Culture and Science represents the socialist architecture of the Soviet Union in the early 1950s. The façade remains the tallest in Poland, reaching a height of nearly 760 feet above the street.
Warsaw – Traverse Historical Neighborhoods and Culture on a Full Day Tour
Krakow – Visit the Grounds of Auschwitz-Birkenau en route to Krakow
Krakow – Explore Krakow’s Notable Beauty and World War II History
Wroclaw – Enjoy a Half-Day tour of Early Krakow and Charming Wroclaw
Dresden – Travel to Dresden to Discover the Restored German City
Berlin – Visit Torgau and Famous Monuments and Museums of Berlin
Berlin – Wander through Germany’s Capital with a Day at Leisure
Nuremberg – Relish the Ancient and Contemporary History of Nuremberg
Munich – Tour Dachau Concentration Camp en route to Munich in Bavaria
Munich – Venture to Berchtesgaden to See the Town and the Eagle’s Nest
Munich – Depart for Home
- View the preserved grounds, memorials, and unforgettable histories of both Auschwitz-Birkenau and Dachau concentration camps
- Follow the timeline of Nazi Germany, from rise to fall, as you visit Munich and Hitler’s Eagle’s Nest in the alps at Berchtesgaden
- Explore the quiet town of Torgau to find a palace erected by Martin Luther and the site of where the Soviet and US armies convened during World War II
- Discover remnants of the Warsaw Ghetto uprising on a full day tour, accompanied by a museum visit dedicated to the push against Nazi Germany
- Explore the gorgeous streets of Dresden to find opulent architecture that highlights the birth of a new city after the firebombing of World War II
- Traverse the streets of Berlin to see Checkpoint Charlie and the Berlin Wall, results of the division of Germany after the Second World War
- Wander the galleries of Berlin’s Holocaust Memorial on a guided tour that will trace the rise of anti-Semitism in Germany and lead to Kaiser Wilhelm Church
- Engage in history as with a visit to the Memorium Nuremberg Trials and Courtroom 600 to see the room in which the post-Second World War criminal trials took place
- Find the remnants of the aristocratic empires of Germany and Poland in the preserved and reconstructed architecture within historical city centers
- Visit a 16th-century synagogue in Krakow, along with the famous factory of Oskar Schindler, which is now an interactive museum
The shadow of the Second World War looms large across Europe and forms a trail between Warsaw in Poland and Berlin in Germany. Your 12-day tour of Germany and Poland will lead you along the historical path to war and the effects the struggle had in Europe. Your discovery will begin with your arrival in Warsaw, and your private transfer will greet you at your hotel and escort you through the mix of architectural marvels that provide a picture of Poland’s capital city. The remainder of the day will be yours to relax and enjoy the distinct ambiance of Warsaw. Wake the next day, and your guide will greet you in the lobby and escort you on a full day tour to enjoy the city’s old quarter and 14th-century Cathedral before visiting the Palace of Culture and Science. You will also find the remnants of the Jewish ghetto before venturing to the Royal Castle.
The next day, you will travel to Krakow, stopping first at Auschwitz-Birkenau. Tour the notorious concentration camp before arriving in the elegance to Krakow, the home of Polish kings. The following day, your guide will lead you on a fabulous tour of the Jewish Quarter and of the Oskar Schindler Factory Museum. In the evening, enjoy a folklore show to learn more about the regional culture and history. Venture to Wroclaw next to discover the majesty of the 14th-century university, royal castles, and the Market Square.
Cross the border into Germany the next morning for your full day tour of Dresden. The city was brought to the ground during World War II and has been rebuilt with the rubble in the image of its prestigious past. Explore it all, then the next day, pass through Torgau on the way to Berlin. Find the palace of Martin Luther and learn about the moment the Soviet and US armies met, officially slicing Germany in two during the war. Once in Berlin, you will have a private tour of the historical monuments of the city, including the Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church and the Holocaust Memorial. The next day will be at your leisure in Berlin to discover the charm and unique history of the city at your preferred pace. Visit Checkpoint Charlie or venture to Potsdam for the day. You could also traverse the beauty of Schloss Charlottenburg Palace.
Travel to Nuremberg the following morning to find the Memorium Nuremberg Trials, Documentation Center, and Zeppelin Field before touring the charms of Old Town. Travel next to Dachau to explore the monuments at the former concentration camp before reaching Munich. Continue on a tour of the remarkable capital of Bavaria to find the Old and New Town Halls, along with hidden monuments to the Second World War. Venture next into the Alps to visit the town of Berchtesgaden before venturing to the summit of a soaring peak to discover Hitler’s Eagle’s Nest. Your private transfer will greet you at your hotel the next day to escort you to Munich Airport for your flight home. As you look forward to your trip, see some information about our partner Germany travel agents as you consider your plans.
$4,291 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.7 stars based on
Reviewed By debra P.
Reviewed By michael k.
Reviewed By David A.
Reviewed By Rosanne S.
Reviewed By Kayla K.