The best part of European travel is the abundance of beauty wherever you look, and this 14-day tour of Southern France and Northern Spain is designed to introduce you to both region's endless beauty and charm. From the fertile vineyards of the Bordeaux wine region to the tasty tapas of Santiago de Compostela, this unique tour will ensure your enjoyment of each destination.
Bordeaux – A UNESCO World Heritage Site
Perched along the flowing banks of the Garonne, Bordeaux presents visitors with a mouthwatering blend of delicious cuisine, Baroque palaces, and Gothic architecture. Also, as the unofficial winegrowing region of France, the city is just a short journey away from any number of outstanding wineries that produce some of the world's best varieties of Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon. After your plane lands, a convenient transfer will ensure your smooth arrival to the city center and your comfortable accommodations. After unpacking your things, you will have the remainder of the day to explore the city at your leisure.
Bordeaux – Ambling Through the Ages
Bordeaux – Searching for Oysters
Bordeaux – Sipping Through Centuries
San Sebastian – Through the Basque Country
San Sebastian – The Charm of San Sebastian
San Sebastian – Finding Your Rhythm
Bilbao – Diving into the Basque Country
Bilbao – Charming Walking Tour
Bilbao – Exploring the Rioja region
Santiago de Compostela – Relaxing in Galicia
Santiago de Compostela – Exploring the City
Santiago de Compostela – Trip to the Galician Countryside
Santiago de Compostela – Departure
- Amble through the ages on a walking tour of the UNESCO-listed city center of Bordeaux to view stunning architecture, award-winning restaurants, and a storied history
- Take to the waves aboard a traditional Pinasse on a voyage across the scenic waters of the Bay Arcachon to witness stunning vistas and indulge in delicious seafood
- Feel the sand between your toes during a stop at the Pyla sur Mer, where massive sand dunes overlook charming resorts and offer stunning panoramas of the countryside
- Sample the famous vintages of the Bordeaux region that put the city on the map for being a noteworthy wine region
- Witness the colorful Basque tradition of pintxos, a style of food production and consumption that involves platters of exquisite miniature dishes with a variety of ingredients
- Stroll in the footsteps of royalty during a visit to the promenade of San Sebastian, where views of the sandy beach of La Concha and the slopes of Mt. Igueldo will inspire your imagination
- Plunge into the heart of Basque country on a visit to Bilbao, where every neighborhood is an outdoor museum of this proud nation
- Stroll through the mind-bending environment of Frank Gehry's Guggenheim Museum, a showcase of contemporary art and an abundance of interactive installations
- Explore the revitalized old town of Bilbao and peruse its outdoor markets, picturesque cathedrals, and open plazas
- Witness the historic site of pilgrims who, for centuries, walked the famous camino to reach their destination of Santiago de Compostela and its immense cathedral
$5,273 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.96 stars based on 180 reviews.
Reviewed By Jim R.
Reviewed By Linda W.
Reviewed By Lori A.
Reviewed By Sean C.
Reviewed By David H.
Reviewed By Terri Z.