Experience a more authentic side to Egypt with nine days of food and culture, from contemporary Cairo to Nubian, Berber and Saharan specialities. With gastronomy as the guide you’ll discover a local side to life, as well as exploring Egypt’s famous antiquity. Expect neighborhood food tours, personal cooking classes, unusual gastronomy, and a deep insight into Egypt, both then and now.
Luxor – Culture and History
Start your nine-day Egypt food and culture tour in Luxor, where the wonders of past civilizations are juxtaposed with modern riverbank life. Your hotel is on the River Nile and the rooftop provides a view towards the Luxor and Karnak temples. After a private airport transfer you’ll have some free time to refresh at the hotel, before a short wander around the East Bank. Here you’ll find vibrant city life mingling with towering temples, along with small cafes that showcase Nubian cuisine. And it’s in these small cafes that you can really connect with Egypt’s culture as well.
Luxor – Nubian Cooking Class
Luxor – Sailing a Felucca
Aswan – Home-Cooked Island Delicacies
Aswan – Discovering Saharan Cuisine
Cairo – Contemporary Cuisine and Culture
Cairo – Pyramids, Artifacts, and Neighborhoods
Cairo – Dining on History in Cairo
Cairo – Departure
- Uncover the secrets of Cairo’s culinary heritage during a day of neighborhood eats in Coptic Cairo and Khan el-Khalili
- Discover Nubian cuisine with a personal cooking class on the Nile riverbank
- Gasp in awe at the scale of Egypt’s historic moments, including the Pyramids of Giza and Luxor Temple
- Experience home-cooked Saharan cuisine during a beautiful evening of sailing and dining in Aswan
- Fly to the Abu Simbel temples and stop at an isolated Saharan community, for an insight into ancient desert cuisine
- Explore contemporary Cairo through its food, with a day of culture and bites in the busting downtown area
- Compare Berber recipes to other styles of Arabic cuisine during your three days in Cairo
- Sail a felucca on the River Nile, explore the Valley of the Kings and marvel at Karnak Temple
$2,803 per person (excluding international flights)
Your Zicasso trip is fully customizable, and this sample itinerary is a starting place for your travel plans. Actual costs are dynamic, and your selection of accommodations and activities, your season of travel, and other such variables will bring this budget guideline up or down. Throughout your planning experience with your Zicasso specialist, your itinerary is designed around your budget. You can book your trip when you are satisfied with every detail. Planning your trip with a Zicasso travel specialist is a free service.
The starting price is based on travel during the low season for a minimum of two travelers staying in shared 3-star accommodations. Please inquire for a custom trip quote based on your travel preferences and travel dates.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.88 stars based on
Reviewed By Marta E.
Reviewed By Ronit A.
Reviewed By Brian J.
Reviewed By Mistene H.
Reviewed By Patricia L.
Reviewed By Brianna M.