Adventure across Egypt’s coveted cities of Cairo, Luxor, and Aswan for one week delving into Ancient Egypt and the majesty of the Nile. Handpicked to include tours of each destination’s mesmerizing highlights, from the Great Pyramids to the Valley of the Kings, the temples of Abu Simbel, and Cairo’s Citadel, this brief but brilliant vacation to Egypt will capture the essence of its millennia-old heritage.
Cairo - The Great Pyramids of Egypt
Your week-long adventure in Egypt begins in Cairo, the country’s booming capital city that rises above the desert sands to meet the clouds. Cairo is a hub of commerce and reservoir of history stationed on the banks of the Nile River, North Africa’s enormous waterway that has been a spiritual and nourishing life force for Egypt and its neighboring countries. You will check into your accommodation and jump-start your vacation with a tour of Ancient Egypt from the mysterious Pyramids of Giza to the revered Great Sphinx and the Temple of Khafre.
Cairo - Magnificent Memphis and the Pyramids of Dahshur
Luxor - The Ancient Origins of the New Kingdom
Luxor - Take to the Skies Over the Nile
Aswan - The Mausoleum of Aga Khan
Aswan - Nubian History of the Abu Simbel Temples
Cairo - Discover the Distinctions of Egypt’s Capital
Cairo - Farewell to the Desert of Egypt
- Explore Ancient Egypt through the mysterious and momentous Pyramids of Giza, the colossal limestone Great Sphinx, and the Temple of Khafre, long-standing historic sites that represent the height of pharaonic rule in Egypt
- Visit the ancient capital of Memphis, a significant ruin site home to a wealth of insight into Ancient Egypt, before you tour the Sakkara cemetery and century-old pyramids of Dahshur
- Tour the impressive odes to ancient Egyptian gods at the Karnak and Luxor Temples, iconic spiritual complexes home to an assortment of embellished murals, colossal sculptures, and meticulous limestone carvings
- Soar over the Nile River and the Egyptian desert in a hot air balloon sharing unbridled views of Luxor before you visit the awe-inspiring tombs of the Valley of the Kings and the momentous archaeological site of the Hatshepsut Temple
- Cross the Nile River in a traditional Egyptian felucca – or sailboat – exploring the many marvelous sites in and around the flourishing palm-covered islands near Aswan, including the Mausoleum of Aga Khan
- Wander the meticulously-designed spiritual complexes composing the Abu Simbel Temples and delve into Egypt’s fascinating Nubian heritage as you explore the monstrous monuments and their sculptural art and architecture
- Embrace the exuberance of Egypt’s capital city, Cairo, as you tour heritage sites home to ancient relics such as the Egyptian Museum, visit the ornately decorated palaces and mosques of the Citadel, and browse the bubbly Khan el-Khalili bazaar
$3,739 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.95 stars based on
Reviewed By Mildred H.
Reviewed By Ronit A.
Reviewed By Thomas D.
Reviewed By Bonnie D.
Reviewed By Nicholas J.
Reviewed By Debby L.