Cruise around the ancient highlights of Egypt on this 10-day tour handcrafted for senior travelers. Enjoy a slow pace as you discover highlights all along the Nile, from the Valley of the Kings to laid-back Aswan. Including a three-day Nile cruise and fly-in excursion to Abu Simbel, you’ll uncover 5000 years of history at your own pace.
Cairo – The Great Pyramids of Giza
Touch down in Cairo and you will be immediately greeted by a local guide, who will help you navigate customs and sidestep all the touts. Whisked into a private vehicle you’ll head straight for the sanctuary of Giza, where your hotel has a private rooftop overlooking the pyramids. Central Cairo can be overwhelming but it’s quiet out here, sat on the roof, dining on local cuisine, the pyramids illuminated on their nightly light show. There’s simply no better view of this show than the one from your hotel rooftop.
Cairo – Egyptologist Tour of the Pyramids
Cairo – Egyptian Museum and Khan El-Khalili Bazaar
Aswan – Laid-Back Indulgence in Aswan
Aswan – Abu Simbel Temples
Aswan – Cruising Around the Nile
Esna – River Nile Cruise
Luxor – Wander the East Bank
Luxor – Luxor West Bank
Luxor – Hot Air Balloon Ride
- Immerse yourself in the wonders of Luxor’s West Bank, where the Valley of the Kings impresses both scale and detail
- Savor three days cruising along the River Nile, on a small-boat cruise that’s perfect for slow historical exploration
- Settle into Aswan’s old-world desert atmosphere with a leisurely three days of private tours around the riverside town
- Explore the Great Pyramids of Giza as well as earlier Egyptian pyramids on a Cairo tour led by an Egypologist guide
- Fly to Abu Simbel for an exquisite day trip at the rock-carved temples
- Soar above Luxor in a hot air balloon, a final treat for your ten days in Luxor
- Get to know the best of the Egyptian Museum with a specialist guide, then explore Khan El-Khalili’s living history
- Feast on the history of Luxor’s East Bank, where remains and relics hint at a magnificent past
$3,115 per person (excluding international flights)
Your Zicasso trip is fully customizable, and this sample itinerary is a starting place for your travel plans. Actual costs are dynamic, and your selection of accommodations and activities, your season of travel, and other such variables will bring this budget guideline up or down. Throughout your planning experience with your Zicasso specialist, your itinerary is designed around your budget. You can book your trip when you are satisfied with every detail. Planning your trip with a Zicasso travel specialist is a free service.
The starting price is based on travel during the low season for a minimum of two travelers staying in shared 3-star accommodations. Please inquire for a custom trip quote based on your travel preferences and travel dates.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.88 stars based on 357 reviews.
Reviewed By C A.
Reviewed By Karen B.
Reviewed By Patricia L.
Reviewed By David K.
Reviewed By Ronit A.
Reviewed By Jeffrey K.