A safari circuit is as diverse as the animals that roam the plains, swamps, and waterways, and we deliver a nine-day classic Botswana safari during which you can discover intricate channels and remote desert terrain. Explore islands of the popular Okavango Delta, traverse the swamps of the Linyanti, and discover contrasting arid terrain in the Central Kalahari, as qualified guides share the secrets and wonders of the bush on 4x4 open-vehicle game drives and guided walks.
Central Kalahari - Explore a Desert Painted with Pans and Wildlife
Arriving in Maun, Botswana, you immediately feel the openness of your surroundings, the air light and refreshing, the absence of traffic, and the presence of donkey-drawn carts a welcome change from the usual fast pace. A friendly welcome and a light-aircraft transfer to the Central Kalahari Game Reserve immerses you in a vast wilderness of dry, dusty earth mixed with golden grass, a testament to how thirsty this land is. Settle into your classic African-inspired lodge or camp before embarking on your first game drive in Botswana. The open 4x4 safari vehicle exposes wilderness and wildlife as you traverse plains and pans in search of peeping meerkats, your eyes peeled for impalas, wildebeest, and roaming elephants.
Central Kalahari - Seek Vast Spaces and San Culture
Okavango Delta - Dive into a Dramatic Wetland and Safari Must
Okavango Delta - Glide Through Channels and Walk Island Paths
Okavango Delta - Enjoy Morning and Afternoon Game Drives
Linyanti - A Safari Region of Woodlands and Water Systems
Linyanti - Embrace the Remoteness of the Linyanti
Linyanti - Unique Landscape and Intense Animal Sightings
Linyanti - Farewell to Botswana
- Paint a picture in your mind of the dry and dramatic Central Kalahari Desert
- Embrace the local culture and rich tradition when visiting a Kalahari San village
- Set out in a mokoro on the Okavango Delta, gliding along thin water channels, at eye level with wildlife big and small
- Step onto a remote island teeming with wildlife as you experience a guided bush walk, eyes peeled for anything that moves, at all times
- Get a chance to witness predators in action on a 4x4 open-vehicle game drive on the sandy plains of the Okavango Delta
- Soak up the intimacy of a private plunge pool or quiet deck at your luxury lodge or tented camp, some offering an outdoor shower experience
- Explore the diverse landscape of Linyanti, from riverines to woodlands and spectacular swamps. Enjoy game drives in search of plains game, big cats, and prolific birdlife
- Capture the breathtaking scenery and wildlife reserves as you soar not too high above the land when moving from one safari destination to another
$5,845 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.94 stars based on
Reviewed By Brenda B.
Reviewed By catherine r.
Reviewed By Teri L.
Reviewed By Amen W.
Reviewed By Cindy H.
Reviewed By Kevin L.