Epic animal migrations, ancient city ruins, exquisite wetlands, stories told through rock art, complex savannahs untouched by time; Zimbabwe is where Africa’s natural and cultural heritage comes together. This 2-week safari celebrates the contrasting angles, immersing you in the narratives that make Africa so special. From experiences with San Bushmen to game drives with over 100 mammal species, it’s a dreamy journey into a continent that both inspires and educates.
Day 1 - 2
Victoria Falls – The Epic Display of Nature’s Power
Victoria Falls impresses all the senses. You can hear the falls from a luxury riverside lodge, a thunderous rumbling that floats upriver. Approaching the park’s walking path, there’s a refreshing scent of fresh water, one that flickers through a thick woodland awning. Next, you see them, a mile-wide sheet of falling water, disappearing over the lip and into a chasm. Rainbows spiral in the mist that rises from the canyon, moss clings to sections of the falls, and the sheer abundance of water can be baffling. Finally, you get to really feel Victoria Falls. The first sections of the walkway take you to lookout points beneath the trees. These continue to an unprotected stretch of cliffs. Sprays of mist rise from the canyon and soak you in seconds, a display of nature’s power that lives with you for eternity.
Victoria Falls is a fabulous example of power. It’s also an insight into how wild and unruly Africa’s nature has always been. Close to the falls, you’ll see baboons and hippos, along with a handful of ungulates. On a boat trip to the lip of the falls, you’ll appreciate just how fast the Zambezi flows. And on a helicopter ride above Victoria Falls, you’ll explore the mesmerizing scale of the spectacle. Serene and surreal, Victoria Falls is a relaxed place to start any African adventure. Transfers to the airport and the national park gate are included, along with the different activities. After the flight to Zimbabwe, there’s also lots of downtime to recuperate and reenergize, preparing yourself for the adventure to come.
Day 3 - 4
Mana Pools National Park – The Evocative Brilliance of the Wetlands
Matobo National Park – World’s View and Sublime Examples of San Rock Art
Matobo National Park – An Intimate Understanding of Endangered Rhinos
Matobo National Park – Day Trip to Great Zimbabwe
Day 8 - 9
Hwange National Park – Africa’s Exceptional Natural Heritage
Day 10 - 11
Kalahari Desert (Botswana) – Learning From the San People
Day 12 - 13
Chobe National Park – The Great Elephant Migration
Victoria Falls – Departure
- Revel in the enormity of the world’s most powerful waterfall, with Victoria Falls providing a thrilling introduction to the scale of Africa’s natural heritage
- Immerse yourself in iconic wetlands and understand why they are so important in Africa, with game drives and boat trips revealing thousands of migrating animals
- Travel back in time and spend a day deciphering the messages left behind by ancient San communities, the rock art of the Matobo Hills amongst the best in the world
- Discover the threats to Africa’s natural heritage by devoting a day to black and white rhinos, with informative activities revealing the challenges and solutions for preserving this endangered giant
- Wander through the ancient city of Great Zimbabwe, the finest ruins anywhere in Southern Africa and the site that gave the country its name
- Intimately understand the complexity of the African wilderness with two days of safari in Hwange National Park, home to over 100 mammal species and a stunning interplay of habitats and animals
- Spend two days with a tiny San community in the Kalahari Desert, where you go beyond the stereotypes and immerse yourself in their ancient knowledge of the land
- Discover the scale of an animal migration and join more than 100,000 elephants that rove around the mopane woodlands of Chobe National Park
$14,555 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.91 stars based on
Reviewed By Richard R.
Reviewed By Norman H.
Reviewed By Philippe G.
Reviewed By Traci G.
Reviewed By Jackie W.
Reviewed By Alan M.