Chobe symbolizes the raw beauty of Africa, its hypnotic landscapes revealing both drama and charm. It also epitomizes the wonders of an African safari, an incredible abundance of wildlife explored in many different ways. Welcome to a world of almost 100,000 elephants, spectacular big cat action, countless hippos, and a full supporting cast. Combining adventure with tranquility, this unique 8-eight day itinerary immerses you in Chobe, before culminating at the stunning Victoria Falls.
Savuti - Indelible Residents at Savuti
Scorched land welcomes you to Botswana, a sweeping expanse of dusty savanna surrounding the transit hub of Maun. Views from the plane window provide an indication of scale as you transfer to a hopper flight and cross the northern half of the country. First comes the lavish waterways of the Okavango Delta, then swathes of rich green forest, and now a prehistoric landscape as you land in the very west of Chobe National Park and the Savuti Channel area. Dead trees rise from a shriveled lake bed, firmly rooted yet struggling to flourish in such a challenging environment. Savuti epitomizes the dynamism of Africa’s wildlife world. The erratic channel flows for years, and then mysteriously dries up for decades. Very recently, for the first time in almost 30 years, a once dusty lake bed has become a vibrant marsh. Savuti provides a raw and unadulterated safari experience as the competition for natural resources plays out before your eyes.
Charming and intimate, your camp overlooks the Savuti Channel, the centerpiece of the region. Private wooden balconies provide platforms that gaze down on the animal world. Your luxury tent is raised off the ground on stilts, so it’s possible to sit on your sumptuous bed and watch a few buffalo wander past. Meals are served under the stars with the unmistakable trumpeting calls of elephants for company. Hidden hides have been built around the channel, providing unforgettable close-ups of the wildlife that approaches the water. Wander down and watch in awe as everything comes seemingly within touching distance. Sometimes you don’t even need the hides to get that close. The camp is perfectly blended into the environment, and elephants are among the inquisitive creatures that take a closer look. If you arrive in time then the afternoon will be spent on a game drive. If not, rest up and get your first glimpses from the balcony.
Day 2 - 3
Savuti - Spectacular Safari Around the Savuti Channel
Linyanti - Through the Wilderness
Day 5 - 6
Linyanti - Sandy Banks, Swamps, and Linyanti’s Oasis
Chobe National Park - A Stunning Drive Across Chobe National Park
Victoria Falls - Elegant River Cruise Along the Chobe
Day 9 - 10
Victoria Falls - The Smoke that Thunders: Face to Face with the Victoria Falls
Victoria Falls - Homeward Bound
- Spend eight days exploring one of Africa’s most abundant and diverse national parks, with elephants, hippos, and big cats all part of Chobe's daily itinerary
- Spend three days in the rugged landscapes of the Savuti Channel exploring ancient channels and untamed savannah with a combination of game drives and boat safaris
- Feast your eyes on the Linyanti Reserve and enjoy three days in this astonishing oasis for wild game
- Lose count of the elephant and hippo sighting as you come face to face with thousands of them; providing the endless entertainment will be huge herds, cute babies, playful males, and frolicking youngsters
- Cross Chobe National Park from west to east, discovering deep hinterlands that hold surprises and secrets
- Watch the natural world unfold from private balconies and unfenced luxury camps as you enjoy a hand-picked collection of Botswana's finest accommodation
- Take an elegant cruise down the Chobe River and admire the wildlife from a sumptuous wooden deck
- Finish the trip with three nights at Victoria Falls listening and admiring this epic natural wonder and relaxing along the Zambezi River
$8,861 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.92 stars based on
Reviewed By Philippe G.
Reviewed By brad s.
Reviewed By Amen W.
Reviewed By Phyllis H.
Reviewed By rachel c.
Reviewed By richard b.