Float on a blanket of luxuriant escapism with this unique Southern Africa blend of safari and beach. With an uninhabited Indian Ocean island, big game filled journeys through the Kalahari, helicopter rides over the wilderness, secluded camps, and these 14 days overflow with romantic settings and experiences. Yet it's more than just a couple's getaway; it's an adventure through world wonders that oscillate between spine-tingling authenticity and surrealistic tones.
Central Kalahari – Lost in the Vast Wilderness
Eight days of Botswana safari start with one of Africa's largest game reserves. The Central Kalahari stretches for over 50,000 square kilometers, a rugged dusty expanse of rock and brittle grasslands. Water is scarce here and wildlife congregates around permanent pools, a myriad of nomads coming together to drink and avoid the lions. After landing at Maun International Airport you transfer to a light aircraft for a stunning air safari above this wilderness. Valleys and parched riverbeds slice through the landscape and you're catapulted into a secluded uninhabited plain. There are just a small handful of other guests at the luxury tented camp. With a Botswanan safari there is no need to waste the first days of your vacation recovering from any travel lethargy. The safari comes to you. Rest, relax, admire the wildlife from a deluxe king sized bed, and drift asleep to lion roars and the trumpeted sounds of roving elephants.
Central Kalahari – Stunning Mobile Camping
Central Kalahari – Spectacular Game Drives
Makgadikgadi Pans – The White Wonderland
Okavango Delta – Dazzling Aerials
Okavango Delta – Exploring the Forests and Waterways of Chief's Island
Chobe – The Huge Elephant Herds
Chobe – Defining Safari Memories
Day 9 - 13
Bazaruto Archipelago – Secluded Indian Ocean Island Bliss
Bazaruto Archipelago – Farewell to Southern Africa
- Feel the magic of the African hinterland with eight days of intimate safari adventures in Botswana, the surreal plains bursting with a kaleidoscopic range of mammals and predators
- Explore four very different Botswana safari destinations, each with its own specialty and perspective, and each wonderfully adept at delivering romantic indulgence
- Complete the vacation with a five night stay on an uninhabited Indian Ocean island, the tropical bliss of the Bazaruto Archipelago offering a relaxing antidote to the safari adventure
- Heighten the romance and sooth the senses with an itinerary specifically tailored for couples; expect hidden camps, exclusivity, and memorable touches that will linger long in the memory
- Begin the adventure by crossing the Central Kalahari Game Reserve, a melting pot of voracious lions, nomadic herds, and mobile camps that redefine notions of seclusion
- Stand amazed at the mirages that hang above the Magdakigadi Salt Pan, this wonderland of whiteness home to migrating zebras, playful meerkats, and the occasional desert surprise
- Admire Southern Africa from the air with private flights and helicopter rides cruising low above the wilderness and revealing dramatic panoramas of scale
- Cruise the waterways and explore the forests of the Okavanga Delta, nature's greatest oasis and a playground for all of Southern Africa's great mammals
- Shake your heads in disbelief at the tens of thousands of elephants that fill Chobe National Park, the great pachyderms blending into the landscape during your final days of safari here
$19,105 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.94 stars based on
Reviewed By Tracy G.
Reviewed By Richard R.
Reviewed By greg s.
Reviewed By Ann T.
Reviewed By Traci G.
Reviewed By Cassidy C.