This 11-day Austria tour reveals Austria’s wilderness from many angles and allows you to hike, bike, balloon and kayak across the country. Outdoor adventure can be epitomized by Austria, which is a country of towering mountains and bucolic valleys. With expert guides leading the way you can explore at your pace, in some of the most superlative landscapes on earth.
Vienna – Relaxing in the Capital
Fly into Vienna and you will be greeted at the airport by a local guide. It’s a short guided transfer into the city and your hotel in the heart of the old town. Today has been left completely free, so you can relax after the flight and explore a bit of the city. Much of Vienna’s most impressive baroque architecture can be found around here, so take a stroll and absorb centuries of the Hapsburg Empire. Then get some more rest, because you’ll be in the saddle tomorrow morning.
Melk – Cycling the Lower Danube
Durnstein – Vineyards and Castles
Hallstatt – Austria’s Salzkammergut
Hallstatt – Epic Alpine Ballooning
Bad Ischl – More Superb Hiking
Salzburg – Kayaking in the Alps
Salzburg – White-Water Rafting
Zell am See – Austrian Outdoor Adventure
Zell am See – More Hiking and Biking
Salzburg – Departure
- Savor Europe’s finest ballooning experience with an alpine flight over Austria’s Lake District
- Cycle along the Danube River on a beautiful two-day ride from Vienna to Dunstein, passing vineyards, castles and medieval towns
- Explore the High Alps during two epic days of adventure in and around Zell am See, where you will hike and ride in the wilderness
- Cruise along the water and savor alpine bliss on a kayaking excursion near Salzburg
- Enjoy some of Austria’s finest hiking trails, as you explore Salzkammergut and the Zillertal Alps with expert local guides
- Feel the thrill of white water on an epic rafting adventure that connects two alpine lakes
- Lounge in a famous Austrian spa after a day of trekking in the mountains near Zell am See
$8,575 per person (excluding international flights)
Your Zicasso trip is fully customizable, and this sample itinerary is a starting place for your travel plans. Actual costs are dynamic, and your selection of accommodations and activities, your season of travel, and other such variables will bring this budget guideline up or down. Throughout your planning experience with your Zicasso specialist, your itinerary is designed around your budget. You can book your trip when you are satisfied with every detail. Planning your trip with a Zicasso travel specialist is a free service.
The starting price is based on travel during the low season for a minimum of two travelers staying in shared 3-star accommodations. Please inquire for a custom trip quote based on your travel preferences and travel dates.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.85 stars based on
Reviewed By Subhash M.
Reviewed By Richard P.
Reviewed By Blake T.
Reviewed By David Z.
Reviewed By Jeffrey H.
Reviewed By Charlene C.