Uncover the very best of Austria on this 11-day tour that is handcrafted expertly for senior travelers and includes three destinations. Embrace Vienna’s glamor and glory before four nights in Salzburg, where Mozart is just one sound of music. Then escape into the High Alps, for three days of mountain majesty made accessible for seniors. You will be amazed at how much beauty remains so off the beaten path.
Vienna - Vienna Walking Tour
Touch down in the Austrian capital and there is glamor every way you turn. This is one of Europe’s most complete old cities, a glorious rendition of former times played out along townhouse-lined streets. After an airport transfer and some time to rest you’ll explore local history, on a Vienna walking tour. In the Old Town you can walk slowly. There’s a lot to see in a small area and the tour can be adapted if you are uncomfortable walking. It’s a relaxed afternoon and your guide will provide dinner reservations for the evening.
Vienna - A Night at the Opera
Vienna - A Day to Discover Melk
Salzburg - The Sound of Music Tour
Salzburg - Salt Mines and Mountains
Salzburg - Mozart and Salzburg
Salzburg - The Austrian Lake District
Kaprun - The Majestic High Alps
Kaprun - Immersed in Alpine Scenery
Kaprun - Beneath the Grossglockner
Salzburg - Departure
- Escape to the High Alps and three days of bliss amid some of the most astonishing landscapes on Earth
- Explore Salzburg on a Sound of Music tour to discover all the key movie locations
- Discover Vienna’s breathtaking old-world glamor during three days in the Austrian capital
- Uncover secrets in Austria’s famous palaces, with privately-guided visits to Schonbrunn and Hellbrunn
- Immerse yourself in classical notes during a day with Mozart in Salzburg, plus a night at the opera in Vienna
- Savor alpine beauty on a day trip to the Austrian Lake District, where water and peaks combine in sublime harmony
- Go beneath the ground at the soon-to-close Hallstatt Salt Mine, the world’s oldest salt mine just one stop on your private Hallstatt day trip
- Drive beneath mountains and overlook glaciers during your time beneath the Grossglockner in the High Alps
- Delve into the old world during a day trip to Melk, an exquisite town just outside Vienna
$4,285 per person (excluding international flights)
Your Zicasso trip is fully customizable, and this sample itinerary is a starting place for your travel plans. Actual costs are dynamic, and your selection of accommodations and activities, your season of travel, and other such variables will bring this budget guideline up or down. Throughout your planning experience with your Zicasso specialist, your itinerary is designed around your budget. You can book your trip when you are satisfied with every detail. Planning your trip with a Zicasso travel specialist is a free service.
The starting price is based on travel during the low season for a minimum of two travelers staying in shared 3-star accommodations. Please inquire for a custom trip quote based on your travel preferences and travel dates.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.85 stars based on
Reviewed By Subhash M.
Reviewed By Richard P.
Reviewed By Jeffrey H.
Reviewed By David Z.
Reviewed By Tracy L.
Reviewed By Y. H.