Handcrafted to celebrate the best of Austrian culture and history in just one week, this 8-day tour is a journey through eras and atmospheres. Delight in the Habsburgs, cruise the Danube, lounge in an alpine spa, and savor Salzburg’s sensual past. Local guides lead the way at each destination as you discover how Austria is more than a sum of its distinctive parts.
Vienna – A Night at the Opera
Any Austrian will tell you that a real cultural tour starts with food and drink. So after a private airport transfer and the hotel check in, you will join a local guide in one of Vienna’s most iconic cafes. Here they invented various world-famous pastries, including the apple strudel. And their melange coffee is another tasty local insight. As you indulge, your guide will provide a narrative on Austrian history, especially how it has created the culture of today. Later this evening you will attend the opera, for this is the country of Mozart, and classical music still holds sway.
Vienna – Baroque and Gothic Wonder
Durnstein – Melk and the Danube
Hallstatt – The Salzkammergut Lake District
Bad Ischl – Alpine Spa Town
Salzburg – More Mountain Bliss
Salzburg – Europe’s Finest Old Towns
Salzburg – Departure
- Indulge in an alpine spa during a sublime day around Bad Ischl, high in the Austrian Alps
- Uncover Vienna’s decorous past as you spend a day engrossed by Habsburg history and stately architecture
- Discover Salzburg, a delightful World Heritage city where you’ll learn all about Mozart’s history and music
- Explore the Austrian Lake District and delight in the lakeside town of Hallstatt, surely one of the most picturesque in all of Europe
- Take a short cruise along the Danube River and go wine tasting at a vineyard in the surrounding valley
- Enjoy a night at the opera in Vienna, a quintessential way to start your Austrian cultural tour
- Feast on the flavors of old Vienna, as you tour iconic cafes to try their Viennese pastries and melange (coffee)
- Take the Sound of Music tour by horse and carriage and bask in the fame of the movie locations
- Ascend to Melk Abbey, a majestic baroque monument and clear insight into a country’s Benedictine history
$3,115 per person (excluding international flights)
Your Zicasso trip is fully customizable, and this sample itinerary is a starting place for your travel plans. Actual costs are dynamic, and your selection of accommodations and activities, your season of travel, and other such variables will bring this budget guideline up or down. Throughout your planning experience with your Zicasso specialist, your itinerary is designed around your budget. You can book your trip when you are satisfied with every detail. Planning your trip with a Zicasso travel specialist is a free service.
The starting price is based on travel during the low season for a minimum of two travelers staying in shared 3-star accommodations. Please inquire for a custom trip quote based on your travel preferences and travel dates.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.84 stars based on
Reviewed By Blake T.
Reviewed By Charlene C.
Reviewed By Noushin D.
Reviewed By TK O.
Reviewed By Y. H.
Reviewed By Marilia M.