Explore the very best of Austria with this handcrafted 12-day tour that includes mountains, cities, lakeside bliss, and musical history. From glamorous Vienna to iconic alpine highways, baroque towns to mountain retreats, you’ll explore all of Austria from east to west. Privately guided throughout, this is an escape into the Alps and much more.
Vienna – Desserts and Opera
After landing at Vienna’s international airport you will be transferred to a hotel in the Old Town, within walking distance of the city’s key attractions. Kick start your vacation with an indulgent Viennese coffee and dessert, before wandering lanes of townhouses and palaces. Vienna instantly makes an impression and you will be transported to another time, even without a guide. One of the most magnificent buildings is the city’s redeveloped opera house, where you will head this evening for a night of opera. It’s the classic Vienna and Austria introduction.
Vienna – Vienna’s Glamorous Highlights
Melk – Along the Danube River
Linz – Austria’s Old and New
Bad Ischl – The Landscapes of Salzkammergut
Salzburg – A Picturesque Old Town
Salzburg – Mozart and the Sound of Music
Lienz – Valleys and Plateaus
Kitzbühel – Driving the Grossglockner
Innsbruck – A Unique City Experience
Innsbruck – Mesmerizing Alpine Landscapes
Innsbruck – Departure
- Immerse yourself in the scenic wonders of Austria’s lake district with a day of exploring the Salzkammergut
- Uncover the histories of Mozart and the Sound of Music during your two days in picturesque Salzburg
- Cruise on the Danube River and escape into the old world with a day in Melk
- Admire the opera in Vienna, a perfect introduction to your best of Austria tour
- Drive the Grossglockner, the world’s most spectacular alpine highway
- Discover the best of Innsbruck, an enchanting city showcasing Tyrolean delights
- Venture into Austria’s old and new when you explore beyond the baroque in Linz
- Explore the magnificent landscapes of Upper Tyrol, by taking the alpine road to Lienz
$9,355 per person (excluding international flights)
Your Zicasso trip is fully customizable, and this sample itinerary is a starting place for your travel plans. Actual costs are dynamic, and your selection of accommodations and activities, your season of travel, and other such variables will bring this budget guideline up or down. Throughout your planning experience with your Zicasso specialist, your itinerary is designed around your budget. You can book your trip when you are satisfied with every detail. Planning your trip with a Zicasso travel specialist is a free service.
The starting price is based on travel during the low season for a minimum of two travelers staying in shared 3-star accommodations. Please inquire for a custom trip quote based on your travel preferences and travel dates.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.84 stars based on
Reviewed By Noushin D.
Reviewed By Richard P.
Reviewed By Y. H.
Reviewed By Blake T.
Reviewed By Charlene C.
Reviewed By Brian K.