Celebrating the very best of Austria, this ultimate 12-day tour has been handcrafted to combine local culture, majestic history, mountain nature and a country’s welcoming charm. From the Habsburgs to the hills, you’ll delight in the sound of Mozart and the sound of silence, as you travel in luxury from Vienna to Bregenz.
Vienna – Superb Habsburg Pleasures
You will be greeted at Vienna International Airport and transferred privately to your hotel next to Heldenplatz Square. It’s a very central location for diving into the city’s Habsburg history. Hofburg Palace provides a glorious introduction to an era’s glory, then the Staatsoper unveils a time of Mozart and more. Vienna’s cathedral is more Germanic Gothic in style, a nice contrast in eras and architecture, before you end a tour of highlights in a traditional Viennese cafe. The evening has been left free and you can continue to enjoy Habsburg pleasures on all the streets around your hotel.
Vienna – Museums, Palaces, and Pastries
Krems – Vineyards and Medieval Tales
Melk – Melk Abbey and Mauthausen
Hallstatt – Immersed in the Salzkammergut
Hallstatt – Ice Caves and Hiking
Salzburg – The Sounds of Mozart’s City
Zell Am See – Austria’s Alpine Landscapes
Zell Am See – Mountain Grossglockner
Innsbruck – Medieval Innsbruck
Bregenz – Hiking in the Forest
Bregenz – Departure
- Discover the Austrian Lake District during two days in Hallstatt, a postcard-perfect town surrounded by water and mountains
- Uncover the very best of Vienna, where castles and Habsburg beauty is energized by famous Viennese pastries
- Cruise along the River Danube and go wine tasting in Wachau, where the narrative is wonderfully old world
- Travel deep into the mountains and spend two nights in Zell Am See, where the Grossglocker is just one glorious highlight
- Explore Tyrolean culture and the times of Emperor Maximilian I during a day in Innsbruck
- Wander the forests of Vorarlberg and lounge on the shores of Lake Constance, in one of Austria’s lesser-visited regions
- Contrast the histories of Melk Abbey and Mauthausen on a day of contrasting emotions in Melk
$4,675 per person (excluding international flights)
Your Zicasso trip is fully customizable, and this sample itinerary is a starting place for your travel plans. Actual costs are dynamic, and your selection of accommodations and activities, your season of travel, and other such variables will bring this budget guideline up or down. Throughout your planning experience with your Zicasso specialist, your itinerary is designed around your budget. You can book your trip when you are satisfied with every detail. Planning your trip with a Zicasso travel specialist is a free service.
The starting price is based on travel during the low season for a minimum of two travelers staying in shared 3-star accommodations. Please inquire for a custom trip quote based on your travel preferences and travel dates.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.84 stars based on
Reviewed By Noushin D.
Reviewed By Blake T.
Reviewed By Charlene C.
Reviewed By Y. H.
Reviewed By TK O.
Reviewed By Peter T.