Iceland’s culture is captured beautifully in the exuberant neighborhoods of Reykjavik, its volcanic landscapes carpet enormous parts of untouched Stykkisholmur and Laugarbakki, and its charming fishing heritage and exquisite culinary treats are prepared immaculately at family-run restaurants in Siglufjörður. Self-drive the breathtaking country on this handcrafted 8-day expedition across the northern tip of Iceland, to destinations packed with distinct character and loaded with exhilarating experiences.
Reykjavik - A Tasteful Introduction to Iceland
For a relatively small capital city, Reykjavik is surprisingly packed with cultural activities, trendy neighborhoods, and culinary institutions that you will have the pleasure of exploring shortly after you arrive. You will transfer to a hotel in central Reykjavik and spend your afternoon embracing the Icelandic atmosphere and spellbinding views of looming snowy mountains across the Labrador Sea. In the evening, you may wander the busy streets intersecting red and blue-roofed buildings to coastal restaurants overlooking the seascape where you will tuck into Iceland’s iconic Atlantic seafood delicacies.
Reykjavik - Inside the Thríhnúkagígur Volcano
Stykkisholmur - Iceland’s Famous Golden Circle
Grundarfjörður - Volcanic Landscapes and Sweeping Seas
Laugarbakki - Landscape Highlights to Laugarbakki
Siglufjörður - From the Kolugljúfur Canyon to Siglufjörður Museums
Siglufjörður - Setting Sail to Watch the Whales
Siglufjörður - Quiet Mornings in Iceland
- Tuck into an assortment of Iceland’s famous Atlantic seafood dishes at decorated coastal restaurants overlooking the Labrador Sea and massive snow-capped mountains
- Descend the depths of a dormant volcano’s magma chamber on a once in a lifetime volcanic adventure across immense lava fields and inside the colossal caverns of Thríhnúkagígur
- Self-drive across Iceland’s famous Golden Circle to discover majestic natural phenomena, including the hot springs of Geysir, Gullfoss waterfalls, and the Thingvellir National Park
- Explore the incredible ice and fire landscapes during a visit to the Snæfellsjökull glacier, Vatnshellir Cave’s magma tube, and the balmy shores of Breidafjordur Bay
- Tour the hot springs of Drangsnes, cross the ocean surrounding Hvammstangi, and admire the sea-stacks of Vatnsnes on an absorbing geology expedition to Laugarbakki
- Appreciate the whimsical panoramas at observation decks overlooking the enormous Kolugljúfur Canyon and discover a series of other significant Iceland waterfalls
- Immerse yourself in the history and fables of Iceland during a tour of the Siglufjörður museums and heritage sites, including visits to the Folk Music Centre and award-winning Herring Era Museum
- Capture remarkable wilderness photography as you luxuriate on a guided whale-watching sailing tour off the coast of Siglufjörður
$4,363 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.76 stars based on 71 reviews.
Reviewed By Gina R.
Reviewed By Mary J.
Reviewed By Susan C.
Reviewed By Jackie W.
Reviewed By Ingrid B.
Reviewed By Kelly L.