This 12-day customizable tailored tour will take you deep within the Golden Circle and along the volcanic ridges and thundering waterfalls, the towering black cliffs and the textured basalt columns that reflect in glassy waters. Find hidden hot springs with a view of pastel colored hills as you feel icy mist that rises from the base of huge waterfalls. Discover the tuft-roofed homes as they shine green with summer grass. You will soon uncover Iceland’s real diversity that lies beyond the glaciers...
Reykjavik – Arrive in Iceland and Relax at the Blue Lagoon Spa
As your flight descends into the Keflavik International Airport, you will be able to see the sweeping greenery as it touches the cobalt water of the Atlantic Ocean. You will land and your transfer will await your arrival at baggage claim. Outside of the airport, you will immediately notice the wide-open spaces and the sense of grandeur. Your first stop will be at the celebrated Blue Lagoon Spa located on the Reykjanes Peninsula, between the airport and the capital city of Reykjavik. The facilities are immaculate and welcoming, and you can change into your bathing suit and rinse off in the cool shower before stepping into the steaming waters of the Blue Lagoon.
The cloudy blue hue will shine against the rugged, rocky hillside border. The steam drifts over the surface and rises along the hills as you take the wooden footpath that leads into the water to dip your toes into the lagoon, which reaches a maximum heat of 102 degrees Fahrenheit. A geothermal power station uses the water to provide energy for the region, and the volcanic activity of the region naturally superheats the water. The minerals in the mud help to soothe skin ailments and relax your body as mud fills the wooden boxes around the lagoon. Visitors can apply the nutritious soil to their faces and arms and let the minerals sink into their skin. The mud will dry along the contours of your face before you wash it away, and you can feel how smooth the nutrients have made your skin from a single application.
Laugarvatn – Explore the Treasured Sites along the Golden Circle
Laugarvatn – Discover the Lava Fields and Landscape of Landmannalaugar
Vik – Visit Striking Waterfalls and Exciting Seaside Cliffs on the South Coast
Hofn – See the Black Sand and Outwash Plains, Glaciers, and Jokulsarlon Glacier Lagoon
Egilsstadir – Traverse the Fishing Villages and Fjords of the East Coast
Myvatn – Visit Waterfalls, Glaciers, and Gorges en route to Husavik Village
Akureyri – Relish the Unique Landscape Surrounding Lake Myvatn
Borgarfjordur – Half-Day Horseback Riding Excursion and Hot Springs
Snaefellsnes – Witness Snaefell Glacier and Stykkisholmur Village Birdlife
Reykjavik – Revel in Snaefellsnes Peninsula’s Beauty en route to Reykjavik
Reykjavik – Depart for Home
- Enjoy a horseback riding excursion on the back of an Icelandic horse to traverse the stunning scenery of Skagafjordur
- Travel the lava field trails around Dimmuborgir to experience the mixture of marvelous landscape and wondrous mythology
- Witness the startling power of Dettifoss Waterfall, one of the most magnificent waterfalls in all of Europe
- Relish the inherent charm found in small fishing villages and farms situated across the plains and fjords
- Search the dramatic sea cliffs for signs of avifauna, from arctic terns to puffins
- Travel across the glacial waters of Jokulsarlon Lagoon and taste the pure water that drips from icebergs that are 1,000 years old
- Discover the cliffs of Iceland’s former coastline, now home to waterfalls and caves that overlook the current shore
- Immerse yourself in the historical culture of the island at folk museums and settlement exhibits that depict regional history and island heritage
- Soak in the marvelous hot springs around Iceland, from the luxurious Blue Lagoon to the hot pools hidden in the plains
- Stroll along the trails around Landmannalaugar to absorb the majesty of the natural rainbow hues that streak the mountainside
- Experience the treasures of the Golden Circle, home to erupting geysers and fissures visible to the naked eye and caused by the continental drift
$5,455 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.85 stars based on
Reviewed By Gary M.
Reviewed By Kedar P.
Reviewed By Kevin G.
Reviewed By Lisa P.
Reviewed By Gabriel A.
Reviewed By Lesley K.