Bora Bora is the ultimate island of indulgence in the South Pacific and a getaway spot where all of your senses are subtly aroused. Savor a week of pleasure here at your luxurious five-star suite perched over the kaleidoscope colors of the ocean and within bare-footed access of a virgin white sand beach. With an array of experiences and pleasures for your consideration, this couple’s package showcases why Bora Bora is nature’s great ode to love and a piece of absolute escapism on the edge of the...
Bora Bora – Welcome to Paradise
Sweeping views will greet you from the plane window as Bora Bora stands remotely amidst the colors of the South Pacific. The deep green of the ocean blurs into the sapphire of the shore, while the emerald and white of the beaches give the island its distinctive color. The journey here gives an impression of how remote Bora Bora is with virtually nothing within an hour’s flight in any direction. The island is a gem in an archipelago of treasures, and it looks just as your imagination can muster with the rainbow of colors pierced dramatically by the massif of Mount Otemanu. The origins of Bora Bora are unquestionable as the impressive central feature reveals that this is a volcanic island rising interrupted from the ocean deep.
A boat is the only means of getting to Motu Piti Aau, the eastern side of the island. Such inaccessibility creates exclusivity, with only the visitors at your resort able to see this part of Bora Bora. The InterContinental Bora Bora Resort & Thalasso Spa is tucked beneath the island’s green volcanic backdrop with coconut palms swaying softly in the ocean breeze. A shallow lagoon stretches out from the white sand beach, its warm waters good for any level of swimmer. This is a stylish five-star resort, yet it also offers a harmony with its surroundings with a Polynesian facade encasing Western luxuries. Check in, relax and unwind as you slowly soak your senses in the surroundings.
Bora Bora – Settling Into the Island Rhythm
Bora Bora – Cruising to Hidden Parts of the Island
Bora Bora – A Beautiful Helicopter Tour
Bora Bora – Scuba Diving and Snorkeling
Bora Bora – Remote Hiking and Biking Trails
Bora Bora – Departure
- Helicopter above the island on a private flight for two, savoring astonishing views, including the majestic massif of Mount Otemanu
- Snorkel or scuba dive in exotic reefs, where warm waters and tropical colors make for very relaxed excursions
- Indulge in the privacy of the InterContinental Bora Bora Resort & Thalasso Spa, where your 220 square meter suite is raised above the water with uninterrupted views over the lagoon and Mount Otemanu
- Remove your shoes as you enjoy a full week on Bora Bora, the South Pacific’s natural tropical wonder
- Spend lazy hours on your huge private terrace and sundeck, cooling off in the private plunge pool or on the white sand of a private beach, occasionally dipping into the warm shallow waters of a South Pacific lagoon
- Have breakfast delivered to your room by canoe and dine in the resort’s outstanding restaurants
- Explore the tropical waters privately with a choice of vessels taking you to very hidden parts of Bora Bora island with options for kayaking, canoeing, sailing, stand-up paddle boarding and motorboat excursions
- Complement the coastal tranquility with an adventure on the untouched volcanic island as hiking and bicycle trails leading you into a landscape on the edge of the world
- Complete your sense of serenity at the Deep Ocean Spa, with treatments that combine ancient Polynesian healing rituals with nutrients from the deep oceanic waters
There is something ineffable about the island of Bora Bora, particularly the eastern coast of Motu Piti Aau that is only accessible by boat. Photos can give you an impression of the tropical island and its colors, yet even after a week, it will still be hard to describe the experience here. At times, the tranquility takes hold with a silence punctuated only by the whisper of a tropical breeze and the soft surf lapping against the shore. The island culture encourages you to settle deeper into the rhythm, told through a Polynesian drumming ritual or paddling out in a traditional canoe. The dramatic Mount Otemanu dominates the landscape, encouraging an adventure that can include sailing, helicoptering, walking, cycling and more. While photos can give an idea as to just how tropical and exotic the scene is, only after a week can you appreciate the exclusivity of the atmosphere and the indulgence of the many pleasures.
You will have the best of the villas at the InterContinental Bora Bora Resort & Thalasso Spa, named after Marlon Brando and as detailed as his Academy award-winning performances. Measuring 220 square meters, the suite is sleek and sublime with contemporary luxuries tempered by a Polynesian-inspired facade. It opens out onto a huge private terrace, with sun loungers, shade, and untamed views. Bora Bora’s volcanic backdrop casts a slow afternoon shadow over the sapphire lagoon with nothing artificial breaking the vista. Everything is exclusive here, with nobody able to access the white sand other than guests at the resort. It is entirely possible to spend the full week without encountering any other people and enjoying the solitude and privacy that a romantic vacation demands. But with this idyllic base, it is possible to explore, including all manner of activities into your program.
Cruise along the tropical waters with a canoe or a kayak and access parts of Bora Bora that are hardly ever seen by human eyes. Sailing is another possibility, and the snorkeling and scuba diving is exceptional. The next day, you will take a helicopter sightseeing flight over the island and admire how the green mountains rise imperiously from the ocean waters. Hidden cycling and walking trails can also take you into a wilderness of sights and sounds, and these activities will make the subsequent sun bathing feel even more rewarding. There is also a spa on site that fuses Polynesian and international styles to create treatments that feel unique to Bora Bora. This is an island paradise, and you will have a full week immersed in its atmosphere. Read some of our Bora Bora traveler reviews to discover new experiences to add to your own tour.
$2,445 per person (excluding international flights)
Your Zicasso trip is fully customizable, and this sample itinerary is a starting place for your travel plans. Actual costs are dynamic, and your selection of accommodations and activities, your season of travel, and other such variables will bring this budget guideline up or down. Throughout your planning experience with your Zicasso specialist, your itinerary is designed around your budget. You can book your trip when you are satisfied with every detail. Planning your trip with a Zicasso travel specialist is a free service.
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.76 stars based on
Reviewed By Megan W.
Reviewed By Emily F.
Reviewed By Rupa R.
Reviewed By Jen W.
Reviewed By Ben C.
Reviewed By Seref A.