No matter your age and no matter your interests, this ultimate 14-day South African family vacation has something for everyone. You will be whale watching, mountain biking, ostrich riding, meeting elephants, and coming face to face with lions. There will be quiet beaches, vibrant streets, captivating locals, and a dramatic range of landscapes. From Cape Town to Timbavati, you will absorb the authentic African experience on the ultimate South African, family vacation.
Cape Town – Beach Time in Camps Bay
Camps Bay beach basks beneath the frame of Table Mountain, and during the morning, the sand is in the mountain’s shadow. By midday, it bakes, and by late afternoon, you can watch the sand turn golden beneath an ocean-setting sun. Your lodge will be positioned just one street from the beach. Your interconnecting rooms will share a spacious balcony with a gorgeous view of the ocean and sunset. From here, it will be just a few steps to the promenade and a wide variety of restaurants, including some that have a clear family focus. Camps Bay is Cape Town’s most popular beach destination, and after the private airport transfer, you will start to discover why.
Cape Town – Table Mountain and Colorful City Streets
Cape Town – Waddling With Penguins and Learning to Surf
Cape Town – Adventures on the West Coast
Hermanus – Mountain Biking and Whale Watching
Hermanus – Beaches, Whales and Optional Shark Cage Diving
Wilderness – Beach Life and Canoeing in the Wilderness
Wilderness – Relaxed Highlights of the Garden Route
Oudtshoorn – Exploring Caves and the Karoo
Johannesburg – Elephant Encounters and Ostrich Riding
Johannesburg – Connecting With Culture in Soweto
Day 12 - 13
Timbavati Private Game Reserve – Intimate Big-Five Safari
Johannesburg – Final Safari Memories and Departure
- Experience the adventure of an African family safari with two nights in the Timbavati, which is an intimate Kruger reserve
- Relax on a serene coastline with beachfront accommodations in Cape Town, Wilderness, and Hermanus
- Explore traditional African culture, including a day in Nelson Mandela’s Soweto and a morning tracking of animals with a San bushman
- Interact with elephants in Oudtshoorn and waddle alongside penguins on Boulders Beach
- Venture through a breathtaking mountain pass to discover the Karoo, where your kids can ride an ostrich and visit mysterious caves
- Discover the charms of the Garden Route and why it is one of South Africa’s premier family destinations
- Have your breath taken away whale watching in Hermanus with the option for a shark cage dive in nearby Gansbaai
- Indulge in a tour of many of the Cape’s best locales with a private guide, including Cape Town, Table Mountain, the West Coast, and learning to surf in Muizenburg
- Mountain bike in the Elgin forest and canoe out of a town called Wilderness
- Safely come face to face with Africa’s most iconic animals with the Big Five being the main feature of your Timbavati safari
$14,737 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.95 stars based on
Reviewed By Jamuna D.
Reviewed By Paul R.
Reviewed By Laura S.
Reviewed By Lauren G.
Reviewed By Danijela Z.
Reviewed By Michele N.