No trip to Peru is complete without witnessing the abundance history and raw natural beauty of the land and this 11-day tour of the country will present you with plenty of both. As you make your way from the seaside splendor of Lima to the windswept heights of Cusco, a blend of leisure time and guided exploration will ensure your full excitement at each of the memorable destinations you visit.
Lima – Wheels Down in Peru's Capital
There is no shortage of exciting activities in Peru and today you will be able to enjoy one of the best ambassadors for the rich cultural history found here in abundance through the capital city of Lima. Perched atop rugged bluffs overlooking the Pacific Ocean, Lima dates back to the indigenous population of Peru who prized the region for its fertile soil and today the city will present you a vibrant atmosphere to enjoy your inaugural day. After your arrival to the main airport, a comfortable transfer will ensure your arrival to the city center where the remainder of the day will be yours.
Lima – An Orientation in a UNESCO Heritage Site
Sacred Valley – Walking in the Footsteps of the Inca
Sacred Valley – Gateway to the Andean Way of Life
Aguas Calientes – Exploring the Hilltop History of Machu Picchu
Cusco – Capital of Incan Civilization
Cusco – A Clash of Past and Present
Puno – Visiting the Highest Navigable Lake in the World
Puno – Rocking to the Rhythm of the Waves
La Paz – Discovering the Lakeside Ruins of the Inca
La Paz – Concluding your South American Adventure
- Ponder the gentle contours and artistic motivations of the pre-Columbian artwork displayed at Lima's famous Larco museum
- Amble through Peru's scenic capital on a walking tour where a knowledgeable local guide will bring to life this UNESCO World Heritage site
- Depart the seaside splendor of Lima and plunge into the heart of the rugged Andean mountains where ruins abound as do unparalleled panoramas
- Enjoy a front row seat to the customs and traditions of the Inca on a visit to the rustic community of Chinchero where you can visit one of the region's first Catholic cathedrals
- Scale the impressive heights of Machu Picchu where the legendary hilltop citadel awaits and will be brought to life through the charm and knowledge of your guide
- Enjoy a view of the rooftops of Cusco from the privileged perch of the Incan fortress of Sacsayhuaman where the early life of this historic civilization will be yours to uncover
- Stroll the waterfronts of Puno where panoramic views and warm hospitality will signal your full arrival to the placid shores of Lake Titicaca
- Step onto the famous floating islands of the largest navigable lake in the world where Incan ruins and hearty locals can't help but charm you
$2,855 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.93 stars based on 120 reviews.
Reviewed By Stephanie F.
Reviewed By Syed H.
Reviewed By Eric C.
Reviewed By Jill K.
Reviewed By Stephen F.
Reviewed By Thomas A.