Vibrant Zululand provides an evocative adventure for honeymooning couples. Ancient game reserves dance with life, concealed beaches await your footprints, and this corner of Africa revels in its traditions and history. Enter an amphitheater of lifetime memories as this honeymoon imbues effortless displays of originality. Spend six days exploring Zululand before indulging on an Indian Ocean island and completing the journey in renowned Kruger National Park.
Day 1 - 2
Hluhluwe-iMfolozi Game Reserve – Exploring Africa Oldest Game Reserve
Land at O.R Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg and a local representative is on hand to assist your transfer onto a domestic flight to Richards Bay. A safari guide meets you at the airport and the first impressions of Zululand leave lingering memories. Colored circular huts dot the green hills, endearing smiles come from the locals, and within an hour you get your first sightings of Africa's big mammals. Hluhluwe-iMfolozi Game Reserve is the oldest in Africa, a testimony to the commitment to conservation in this corner of the world. It's a haven for the big and the small; 300 plus bird species flutter above over 1500 White rhino, elephants and buffalo share space with kudu and reedbuck, while a dozen hoofed species try escaping the attentions of wild big cats.
Your first hotel radiates this vacation's blend of Zulu tradition with modern luxury. The indigenous design seems to fit effortlessly with the big game that passes by the private viewing deck, and that's complemented by air-conditioning, a jacaranda en-suite bathroom, plus pool and spacious decking area. Champagne is chilling on ice as you arrive and a welcome dinner for two is served as the ramblings of White rhino litter the horizon.
Game drives provide immediate access to Africa's famed Big Five. Despite its long history, Hluhluwe-iMfolozi is a compact and easy to navigate reserve, ensuring you see a vast range of wildlife in just a couple of hours. Elephants hoot as you arrive, lion prides are regularly spotted in the long grasses, and there's a peculiar collection of antelope to admire. Duiker, suni, waterbuck, and now the spiral horns of majestic nyala impress as you take unforgettable game drives through the reserve. Elusive wild dogs are another inimitable highlight, Hluhluwe-iMfolozi reveling in an ability to offer game viewing that often escapes the most seasoned of safari aficionados. Back at the lodge, breakfasts come with marvelous views onto the wild game and dinners showcase the culinary mix of local tradition with international influence.
Day 3 - 4
Thanda Private Game Reserve – Elegant Safari Luxury
Day 5 - 6
Maputaland Marine Reserve – Beach and Tropical Forest Reverie
Day 7 - 10
Bazaruto Island – Indian Ocean Beach Paradise
Day 11 - 12
Kruger National Park – Final Safari Adventure
Johannesburg – Departure
- Explore the vibrant home of the Zulu people and soak up the history and culture of a region that exudes originality
- Experience the wonders of safari with eight days in four unique parks and reserves, the dazzling wildlife complimented by thick coatings of luxury and honeymoon surprise
- Compliment the safari adventure with four days on a remote Indian Ocean island, Bazaruto providing idyllic impressions of honeymoon escapism and tropical reverie
- Start your honeymoon in Africa's oldest game reserve, 1,500 rhinos and the full Big Five admired in the compact Hluhluwe-iMfolozi Game Reserve
- Soak up the opulence of Thanda Private Game Reserve, a regular winner of the World's Leading Lodges and a place that blends luxury with elegant expressions of the wild
- Settle into the lush green canopy of iSimangaliso Wetland Park and discover a world of untouched beach, swinging monkeys, and hippo-filled lagoons
- An idyllic conclusion is provided by the famed big game of Kruger National Park, a place where the big cats seem to blend into the effervescent backdrop
- This itinerary features private transfers and safari activities throughout, and then a myriad of little touches to ensure the romance never stops
$10,135 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.96 stars based on 51 reviews.
Reviewed By Rebecca H.
Reviewed By Justine A.
Reviewed By Elliot W.
Reviewed By Valerie B.
Reviewed By Rachna V.