Intimate and indulgent, this couple’s getaway combines Zimbabwe’s safari charm with Indian Ocean island seclusion. Watch elephants from the camp, discover much more than the Big Five, settle into white sand paradise, and celebrate in Southern Africa’s most romantic accommodation. There are three days of relaxed safari on Lake Kariba, four days of exclusive encounters in the private Malilangwe Reserve, and five days of barefoot escapism on Benguerra Island to conclude your safari vacation together....
Matusadona National Park – Lounging on the Lakefront
Land in Harare and transfer to a light aircraft for the short flight to Lake Kariba, where your safari camp provides an authentic introduction to Zimbabwe. From the bed, you watch hippos in the lake below. Hammocks swing on the private deck, leisurely places for admiring the elephants that wander past. There’s an outdoor tub that’s open to the wild. The suite is framed by canvas, allowing nature’s lullaby to sing throughout the day and night. Rustically luxurious, this camp is both a place to escape to and a place to connect with, backdropped by the wildlife of Matusadona National Park and opening out onto miles of private beach. It is perfect for the occasion because if you were to spend all day in bed, you would still get to watch and listen to Zimbabwe’s animals.
Check-in and the day is at leisure, a chance to sip on cocktails down at the lakefront or wander the outskirts of the camp. Lake Kariba has been nicknamed Africa’s Riviera, although that doesn’t quite reflect the wildness of the surroundings. Vervet monkeys and olive baboons occupy the trees, and you will get used to their antics. Reedbucks often graze close to the tented suites. Eland grace the horizon, while herds of buffalo can be heard through the evenings. There are options included for a variety of activities during the day, including game drives, boat safaris, and walking safaris. Or you can just sit back and soak up your first impressions of wild Africa.
Day 2 - 3
Matusadona National Park – Tranquility of the Waterfront
Malilangwe Game Reserve – Exclusive Aerial Safari
Day 5 - 7
Malilangwe Game Reserve – Indulgence and Immersion
Malilangwe Game Reserve – Continue Your Search
Benguerra Island – White Sand and Azure Waters
Day 10 - 11
Benguerra Island – Comforts of a Remote Indian Ocean Island
Johannesburg – Culinary Opulence
Johannesburg – Departure
- Start the indulgence with three relaxing days on the shores of Lake Kariba, where beach perfection is complemented by thrilling big game
- Celebrate together in Zimbabwe’s finest luxury lodge, spending four days in an exclusive lodge
- Bask in the seclusion of Benguerra Island, a hidden white-sand island off Mozambique’s Indian Ocean coastline
- Discover the raw authenticity of an African safari, from elephants in the camp to predatory scenes during private game drives
- See the famous animals from new perspectives with romantic walking safaris and exclusive drives after dark
- Fly across Zimbabwe by private plane, a unique journey that celebrates the color and grandeur of the country’s wilderness
- Revel in some of Southern Africa’s most opulent accommodation: a boutique luxury camp, a celebrated lodge, an island retreat, and one night in an artistic city hotel
- Explore much more than the Big Five as seven days of luxury safari showcase the wonderful diversity of wild Africa
- Indulge with personalized gastronomic menus, a wide inclusive drink menu, and all the secret extras that make for a romantic getaway
$15,205 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.93 stars based on
Reviewed By greg s.
Reviewed By Cynthia f.
Reviewed By Kandace B.
Reviewed By catherine r.
Reviewed By Alan M.
Reviewed By Cathy C.